Is it me or all the covers the same? :0

Do itttttttt

2 Likes

I want to! But then I don’t want a blank and useless story associated with my profile. But I want to! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

you should totally create another profile to do it on!

4 Likes

Maybe I will take one for the team :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Lmao, I was just thinking that same thing!

If @amberose still wants to do it I want to volunteer to make the cover otherwise I can always make another profile!

4 Likes

We can do that as an experiment…then revert back to our preferred cover :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh damn, another experiment I can run :crazy_face: I just can’t help myself.

@XxAlphaBetaxX I would love to accept your offer. You have free reign

3 Likes

I’ve never noticed it until now that they all look almost the same! I don’t really care for stories that have covers similar to these because I already know what the story is about (ex. Basic Betty MC meets Smexy, Zaddy Badboy LI and stuff happens then she’s pregnant…just becuz lol).
I know you’re not suppose to judge a book by it’s cover, but I will keep over ones like those sometimes.

3 Likes

This is a great idea, I say go for it and keep fan-mail on to see how people react :joy:

It’s always nice to bring amusement into the app :hugs:

6 Likes

BasicPoliteDartfrog-small

3 Likes

Maybe that’s why everyone is doing it, because it attracts readers. So now that everyone knows the secret, they are all doing it at the same time that it’s starting to look weird lol. Make a story and use covers of half naked people, so that the readers can read your story.

4 Likes

Heck I guess that’s what I’m doing wrong with both of my stores. I just need half naked woman and a shirtless man and boom people will read them :thinking::expressionless: I feel like that’s why stories like mine get looked over.

6 Likes

I’ve noticed it too. That’s why I decided to feature no characters on my covers when I published, other than a hand. :woman_shrugging: Some of the covers looks good but it’s just too much of the same at the moment.

4 Likes

I’ve low-key been planning on doing this.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: tell me more!

you can ‘hate’ on the doberman’s cover but the story is still amazing :joy:
i agree btw a little more diversity would be great!

It’s a mystery story although there is a romance but semi spoiler for people who aren’t familiar with my writing the main “love interest” is an entitled, narcissistic jerk (similar to most love interests on the app lol) and they won’t actually end up together :innocent: I actually have a mature version of the story elsewhere but I want to amp up the mystery but try to hook people with a trashy cover. Lol. And then break their hearts? Hopefully? hahahaha

Back on topic: I do find it funny scrolling through the romance genre in particular because all the covers are so similar right down to the poses.

8 Likes

So the love interests’ name is… Brandon? :wink:

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Relationships shouldn’t always be based on sex all the time.

2 Likes

It’s not just you :smile: