Is it offensive?

So, I have a situation where the main character’s brother comes out as bi and starts dating a boy. I was going to have someone call him a f word (not the f bomb, but the other word). I’m not apart of the lgbtq community so I’m not sure if people will find that offensive or not. Of course there will be consequences for the person who calls the brother the f word. I just need to know what you guys think.

1 Like

It depends on the audience but most likely people may get offended

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t get offended but I’d understand there will be some

2 Likes

I am a part of the LGBTQ+ community and I don’t find this offensive! :smile_cat: I can see people getting butthurt over this though, maybe place a disclaimer at the end of the chapter? Maybe stating that you didnt mean to offend anyone and you don’t tolerate this sort of behavoir?

5 Likes

Good idea and same here

2 Likes

Are you talking about the word f*g…? Because if you are, I don’t think that word is allowed to be used at all.

1 Like

Thanks. I just wanted to showcase issues in my story that happen in real life. Like racism and using slurs such as the f word.

1 Like

Yes and now that I think about it, I’ve decided not to use it. Episode probably won’t like that and many people probably won’t like that either.

3 Likes

I would put a disclaimer in the beginning of the chapter
I’m not part of that community so I can’t speak for them but I can see how it can come off offensive

3 Likes

I think, you should put a disclaimer at begining of your story, so that people know, that there are some parts in the story, that some people would find offencive, and say, that it’s not meant to attack anyone. <3

2 Likes

It really depends on the situation/plot is sounds offensive but it does happen. I feel it is important shedding a light on stuff like this.
Speaking as a BI-woman.

2 Likes

It mostly depends on the audience, but I don’t think it’s offensive. Maybe some people will though

2 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about your story. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.