Is it okay if I include some backgrounds in my story from Pinterest ? (Of course I WILL give credit )

I haven’t even read Country Heart, and didn’t know what background the author used. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

wait… Lemme show u the background…
you might need to wait for a few mins :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sure. lol

1 Like

Here are some great background resources:

https://pixabay.com/
https://www.pexels.com/
http://www.episodelife.com/p/backgrounds.html

7 Likes

OMG thank youuu sm angel!! :angel::heart_eyes:
Would you like to be in my story? :blush:

1 Like

Yep, this is as well.

2 Likes

They aren’t mine :joy: They’re made by other people

1 Like

Ik…i just wanted to thank you for helping me :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can use this:

Summary

You can change my hairstyle. And my hair color can also be brown black if that’s your preference.

3 Likes

@lanafrazer_episode
Screenshot 2021-03-24 001839
This background is from Pinterest…I swear… :sweat_smile:

I visit Pinterest a lot :eyes:

But it’s been edited with the text “galaxy music”

1 Like

Yay!! Thank you soo much ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Not sure where that background came from, besides Pinterest, but yah it looks copyrighted, and ahhh I see the text. XDD

1 Like

So…I’m just surprised how could the author use it… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

A lot of authors use backgrounds off google/pinterest, so not surprised, it happens a lot. We’re trying to avoid them from using it because it’s copyright.

1 Like

Yeahhh…it would be sooo good if we could use them…
But still, dont wanna take the risk for my story being taken down… :upside_down_face:
Thank you sooo much for your help!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I noticed this right away so this would be copyrighted but they clearly missed it or had never seen these star wars figures before. So the responsibility will be on you because they don’t notice everything.

5 Likes

Moved to Art Resources since this is about backgrounds. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

You definitely can’t use any of them from Pinterest and Google, even with credit.
Not every copyrighted image contains a watermark therefore it’s not a foolproof way of testing if it’s a safe to use image.

Some of these images will belong to other apps as well, like one of your examples you’ve included…

(This one in the middle)
Is actually a background from the Choices app, therefore they own the copyright to that image.

Credit doesn’t permit useage. To remain on the safe side use images from people’s drives, or websites such as pixabay.

5 Likes

There’re tons of backgrounds without a watermark but they’re still copyrighted. I could suggest maybe looking for an “Episode backgrounds” category on pininterest and then sharing the backgrounds here to ask if someone knows the owner. This is gonna be a long process tho.
Other alternatives would be to check out Episode life, Unsplash, Pixabay, and the drives of bg creators like @/CinnamonToast.

3 Likes