Is it okay if the 1st episode is short?

Is it okay if the 1st episode is only 500 lines, or do I have to code more to engage the people into my story?

It’s ok. Just let them know the others will be longer!

Oh, ok!

500 hundred seems like a little to me.
But it really depends on what “lines” mean to you. Like are you talking about 500 lines of dialogue or 500 including dialogue and directing? Plus you should also think about if you think the first episode pulls people to the second episode. Yeah the first episode is pass free but people don’t want to waste their time. I personally don’t care if the first episode is short if it’s good :woman_shrugging:t5:

Hmmm… sounds good, I’ll take your advice too.

I personally don’t like when they are too short and author is promising they’ll get longer. It makes me want exit the story straight away.

Okay maybe I’ll write 800-1000.

Have a look here to know other people’s opinions:

thanks, too!

The first episode is what helps the author determine if the story is worth reading or not. If the story is short, chances are I won’t continue reading it.

Is 800 lines good?

The lines don’t matter honestly, I prefer 10-15 minutes long, so you should time yourself when reading your story. People have 2,000 lines and there story’s are about 10 minutes, why? because theyre probably using more directing than dialogue, so when writing don’t figure out how many lines you use, figure out how LONG it takes you to read it. But I know 500 lines won’t equal 10 minutes lol

Ok… thanks for your advice, im just tired, so ill probably do it tomorrow.

Yeah true mine is around 2900 or 3000 lines and its still 10 - 15 minutes long…:joy::joy:

I don’t know why this is still open, but if anyone wants to add, then go ahead!