Is it okay to curse in front of your kids?

Personally I don’t see how it’s a big problem. People curse everywhere, they will probably hear it and pick up on it regardless. We’ve all cursed once or twice, my mom curses like a sailor and I rarely curse in real life. At a young age when you curse around them they will say it because kids copy, but that’s a laughing moment. Personally, I don’t find it to be a big deal.

11 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think its a big deal. I know swear words are not good, but as long as they don’t start saying it to others to be mean, then its not a big problem.

6 Likes

This, this is why. I always tell my mom don’t curse in front of kids, they will copy and it will be stuck with them. Whatever the kids see parents do, they do.

It isn’t okay to curse in front of kids, and ik others think it is okay but others just don’t think its okay. But eh, I can of agree with both, but its hard to choose.

8 Likes

Yes it’s completely fine, cursing is simply just saying words with mostly negative meanings, if you can say words like horrible, ugly or stupid it should be fine, they all share that same negative meaning.

5 Likes

There is no stopping what comes out for their mouth when you’re not there, you can teach them, of course but it’s up to them.

3 Likes

I just realize something, okay say your school right and the teacher curses and the students laugh and the teacher find it nothing wrong with it because it all starts off with what the word meaning is, and look it up and it say blah blah blah. Wow, I just remembered that, and the teacher is like very honest and its nothing wrong when cursing.

4 Likes

I don’t curse. Well I curse the drawer’s angle if I accidentally hit it when walking.

When my kids were in kindergarten, they often brought home very very offensive curse words. I said nothing. Pretended I don’t hear them. Then they forgot it.

Now they’re bigger. They know we don’t curse. And they don’t. They look surprised at people who are so stupid to do so.

4 Likes

Cursing is just like any word, if you use it the wrong way it can be considered a bad thing.

6 Likes

Depends on the context my mom has called me curses and I shrug it off but it still hurts so no

4 Likes

lol funny for real though when you hit a item with your toe or any part of your body. XDDDD

3 Likes

Stupid to curse?

6 Likes

Yup, smart people don’t curse :joy: That’s how I taught them. :heart:

4 Likes

my mom curse all the time always has. I did not start to curse before my late teens.

but honestly curse words are just words someone has decide they dont like. its just words they are only bad because people say they are.

its not like with the n or r words that it has meaning behind it that are hurtfull to people and insultining.

3 Likes

I don’t think that people who curse are stupid :heart: That’s just a way to teach kids. :heart:

In my country there’s one super powerful curse: I fck your mother!
We all say it. But god forbids you say it to a man! :scream:

5 Likes

No, I also don’t like it when she curses at me.

3 Likes

A word is just a word until you give it meaning. It’s the intent behind the word that matters.

9 Likes

:clapping:

3 Likes

true, very true.

1 Like

I would say it’s better not to, but I don’t know how much it really matters. My mum never curses, but yeah, that didn’t stop me to learn it from somewhere else. And I learned it pretty well… I have to pay close attention to what I’m saying when she’s around, because even though I’m an adult now, she would still be like, “Language, young lady!” She’s so cute :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

“There will be no cursing in this house!” it’s very accurate. XD

3 Likes