Is it possible to modify a name like this?

So I thought of giving my readers the option to change the name of the MC, but I remebered how it is to not have a name handy and just want to roll with whatever somebody already picked for a character, and I loved when they gave a default name to the MC whose name you were asking for. For instance, if you were asked for MCs name and the narrator said beforehand “If you can’t think of any name, the default name is Claire.”

Well how about I give my character a display name CLAIRE so people would see it as CLAIRE first and then would be able to change it. So then, if I asked them to fill out a name with the famous choice, would I be able to use modifiers to change the display name to whatever they wrote?

1 Like

yes.
you would use this code.

input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (NAME)

NARRATOR

[NAME] is such a pretty name!

This is where you ask the reader if they even want to even change it
and if they said yes and if you made the characters name CLAIRE and IF THEY DECIDED TO CHANGE IT
it would be …

input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (CLAIRE)

NARRATOR

[CLAIRE] is such a pretty name!
1 Like

Oh thanks I’ll try out if it works

1 Like

Thank you that worked perfectly! Sorry it took time until I actually got to try it out becuase I had to first make other character and everything

1 Like

you’re welcome and happy to help :blush:

1 Like

Also, do you think ots possible to make a timed choice with a moving overlay? Like if you had to click on something as its flying thrpugh the air or ypur character doesnt catch it in time

1 Like

its definitely possible…
but how…
if its a throwing object… you mean they have to catch it right.

1 Like

Something like that.
Or they have to press on a flying object in order to shoot it down. Like a shotgun mini game of some sort.

1 Like

Okay so if they are shooting it down add a point to the Overlay when they TAP it
then i would do an else/if
so if they didnt get the point thats what hapoends

thats the way i can think but im sure theres a batter way

I mean like a tappable overlay … If they dont tap it in time they miss but if they do they hit it. Can xou make an overlay tappable if its moving? Like rotating or going from one place to another?

1 Like

yes i believe you can…
But i would try it out first just to make sure.
But i’m thinking if they don’t tap it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.