Is it the Episode doing this or the authors?

Hello guys. I hope you are doing well. So, I was not regularly using Episode for while… Like once a week I would log in and check updated stories… So today I was in Episode, looking for new stories to read. This are all community stories but after every 3 chapters, you can’t access the rest of the story unless you pay gems to continue with 3 or 6 episodes or wait like for 6 hours to access the rest. Is it the authors that have done this or the Episode team itself? Coz now the app is :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

12 Likes

It’s both, Episode created a new feature where authors can make readers pay gems to skip the wait to read the next chapter

3 Likes

It is the authors choice and it is because of ranking change that episode implemented.

This is a post about the feature.

5 Likes

Thanks. I didn’t know this. Man, this sucks :no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth:

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Most authors have started to incorporate both the skip-the-wait feature and early access to help their story’s ranking. Those features are beneficial towards authors, but not the readers because most readers are unable to buy gems just to pay for both these features. It definitely does suck for readers.

6 Likes

That’s the sad reality. Now am finding old stories that are already complete, trending on the community stories. :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

3 Likes

Episode needs to fix this.

2 Likes

Can’t they just do a " do you want to support the author" choice at the end? Or isn’t that an option to get your story in a higher rank?

6 Likes

It’s an option but not everyone is going to choose that and give gems but if people really want to read the story, they will spend gems to unlock it. So the skip-the-wait and early release are guaranteed to generate more gems for the authors as compared to the support the author

5 Likes

Yeah okay you got a point :joy:

1 Like

It eliminates binge reading for many people though. Making more people leave. The way Episode is going about this isn’t gonna work long term.

4 Likes

Some people who binge read will gladly pay gems for skip the wait cause they’re impatient. And you’re saying it doesn’t work but some authors I know who have put this in their story have seen good results from it :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

that is authors doing it.

2 Likes

Yeah I see why. But I don’t think it’s the way to go, personally.

5 Likes

8/10 the readers wont pay gems. So they add the wait to skip feature. My story only has the gem option at the end of my story

5 Likes

I haven’t added it to my story. I do have the ‘support the author choice’, because I feel that adding the ‘skip-the-wait’ and early release option would be unfair to my readers.

4 Likes

Hi Guys can somebody explain to me why i have to wait 16 hrs or 16 diamond to read an episode? I paid once bt seems like after every 6 chapter u have to pay is this new law?

My thoughts exactly, i dont think i will continue reading episode if this continue am sorry

1 Like

I highly doubt that.

3 Likes