Is it weird to nothave many choices in your story?

Well, I’m new to all of this and English isn’t my first language, so I really would like to just focus on the storyline instead of ‘the game’ but is that weird? Like, would you guys still read it even though my story is not professionally and ‘good’ directed and it doesn’t conclude choices? Or should I just keep writing instead of making it an episode story?

1 Like

For newcomers, it’s totally normal! I would suggest that play around and get to know the portal before continuing to write your story. Or you could do-write with someone who has experience so that they could show you the basics and help you when you need it!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I’m busy with school so co-writing would be difficult since I don’t have a lot of time and just write once in a while but I’ll try to figure everything out myself and with the help of you guys here!

It feels good to hear that it’s totally normal because I would really like to continue writing my story :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would read it as long as the directing is clear enough and there are no huge errors that make me distracted while reading. Advanced directing is a plus, but not a must if the story itself is engaging.
I don’t really care about choices, but a lot of readers do so I would suggest you to try building them slowly in your story. At the beginning this may seem difficult because you probably don’t want to add forced choices just for the sake of it, but it will become easier and more natural after a while.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I will definitely consider this and after a few episodes I’ll probably start including some choices! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read quite a few that don’t really have any choices, I have one myself which doesn’t really have any choices too, part from clothes and/or hair. I have 2 more in the works which will be the same but they may get more choices eventually as I get more into it when I have a decent comp to work with.

This is something I have been criticized about, because both my stories have little to no choices in them. You will get people telling you that you “need” to add choices. Some will be nice about it, some not so nice. But ultimately you should do what you feel is best. You are the author. My current story I’m working on “Chasing the Bad Girl” doesn’t have many choices and it was just featured on the app under “October’s Editor Picks!” You can still have a great story with or without choices if you work hard at it. :heart:

2 Likes

It’s fine :smile:

Sometimes, when I’m so into a story on Episode, I forget it’s even interactive so when a choice pops up, I’m like “What? WHAT? What just happened?! Oh,never mind I’ve been reading for way too long and totally forget about the choices part” lmao, but seriously, if people complain tell them to send you choice options you can add in your story. Make them type it up, and when they send you something, be like “you’re not gonna add it in because it’s your story and you do what you want” but hey, at least they were interactive by sending you something right :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you gus! It feels good that I’m not the only that likes to read and write stories without choices.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Lack of choices isn’t really a problem with me, as long as the storyline is good along with directing and other factors. My story doesn’t have many choices and no one had complained about it yet, so I guess it’s fine.

1 Like