Is it worth creating BOTH a limelight and INK version of your story?

I make my stories in Limelight but I see a lot of authors create both an INK and limelight version of their story and I’m wondering if it’s really worth the time and effort? I personally think INK characters look really unappealing but I know there’s lots of people that hate Limelight too?

2 Likes

no

2 Likes

Depends what your goal is :woman_shrugging:

If you want to gain more reads? It could be worth your while.

If you want to stress yourself out that little bit extra because coding/writing isn’t challenging enough already? I’d advise against it. Or at least wait until the story is completed haha

5 Likes

I would want to gain more reads but I don’t know how many reads an INK version would get if there is a Limelight version out already :woman_shrugging: so I don’t know if I should spend time doing it or not haha

I feel like it’s only worth doing if you’re translating an ink story to a limelight one. With limelight to ink, there’s not really a high enough demand to do it these days. You’d be better off using that energy to just update your limelight version more frequently

3 Likes

A lot that do written in Ink first and I know a few authors that did write in both because the stories were originally in ink and are updating it in LL.
I wouldn’t bother if your already writing in LL it be taking a step backwards.

1 Like

I’d assume it would be stressful to update both at the same time so I would suggest completing one before you start the other one or wait and finish both before publishing.

But some stories just can’t really do that like if you were going for a dead serious imagined it all in LL and then ink it looks silly because of one animation or vice versa.

Ultimately you could probably get maybe 10-50? More reads and the rest from fans of the other version (my opinion)

You have to decide if that’s worth it :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I agree with the rest of this thread; the reason some stories have an Ink and LL version is because they made the Ink one, then LL came out so they made the LL one. Few if any have gone the other way around. It’s probably not worth your while to make an Ink version, LL is a bit more popular, and most people whose favourite is Ink will settle for LL anyway. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I don’t think it would be worth it because it seems like people are distancing themselves from Ink to continue in Limelight, which doesn’t secure you a good deal.

1 Like

I think the best motive would be just to get your story ‘across’ not to necessarily gain more readers

2 Likes

As reader personally I think its worth it to write in both styles cause there is some that like ink and some that like Limelight I think both fan bases should have a chance to read I know its alot of work and time blood sweat and tears but I always respect authors who have done that so everyone gets chance to read and its not about how many readers you get its about getting your story out and told .

1 Like

Well your the person who will great the story so it’s your choice.

But some people are doing that because there is a group of people who are just only reading ink or only reading limelight.

So to make a lot of reads people make both of them!!

And that is fine for the people who love only ink or limelight!!

But it’s your choice!!:hugs:

1 Like

I was going to ask the same question. My story is almost finished and I started in Ink then LL came out. Now I’m hearing a lot of LL people refusing to read ink stories but it’s not about how many readers for me but my work and my characters and story I want to share with everyone. Once my story is complete I would like to know how is the transfer from ink to LL done? Do I have to start from scratch creating all new characters etc. Switching up the animations? Does anyone know?

1 Like

You have to make the characters and outfits again on a new story then copy and paste in your story and change all the INK animations to LL

1 Like

That shouldn’t take too long to do. Would be nice if you could take your ink characters and put them in a character generator and it gives you a LL version of your ink characters.

1 Like

hahah yeah that would be cool

Yeah, that’s a lot of work, especially how ink has so little animations. It kinda’ takes away the emotions you created in the limelight version because the characters end up having either nonchalant or overly dramatized emotions, most of the time. I have a story out in the limelight style right now but a lot of my readers are asking me to create an ink version. I am trying to create one whenever I have time aside from my other stories. It’s just so much to do because you’re switching all of the animations, creating a bunch of outfits for the characters (not just any outfits but good looking outfits) and creating the characters with those hideous features. I would say that it is not worth it if you don’t have a lot of time on your hand because it’s stressful. However, if you’re giving your readers/fans what they want and gaining even more loyal readers and fans in the process, then do it.

2 Likes

Lmaooo I’m dead at how you said hideous features :joy: :joy: Yeah I’m not a big fan of INK, it’s really hard to make decent looking characters on it and some of the animations look way too dramatic, I respect all the hard work you’re putting in to convert your story from limelight to ink though, good luck with it!!

1 Like

:joy::grin: I’ve never liked the features in ink. Sorry to the ink fans…

2 Likes