Is mentioning this allowed?

Hi!

So I’m writing a story where I need to mention real people from the 17th century. I was thinking to myself if I should change their name a little bit as well as the dates? I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t mention them but I just want to be sure about it!

2 Likes

I honestly am not too sure. However, I (and you) know that mentioning real people is not allowed. So, I don’t know if you’re allowed to have real people with changed names and dates, but I guess you can?

I would also like to mention that you might have to change their appearance too? Just to be safe, that is.

But I think it’s wise to wait for more replies to come in from others too and not just me.

1 Like

Oh yes, I know but I’m not using them as characters, I just want to mention them! It’s like in 3-4 lines. The scene is an “history class,” so my characters are talking about historical people, if that make sense…

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry, and yes it makes total sense!

I honestly have no clue…! Apologies.

Here’s something:

947859ae8c8ef8344255def8d1786a97d33c28f5_2_690x262

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you so much for finding this. That’s all I needed to know :D!

1 Like

Ofcourse, no problem! Have a great day! (=

1 Like

If I were you, I’d submit a help ticket and ask the Episode Team directly if this ‘real people’ rule applies when in reference to actual historic events. Because I can understand them not wanting characters made in the likeness of real celebs and their name – but historical events and just speaking the name shouldn’t violate any of the listed rules that Salnova posted.

2 Likes

I might do that as well, thanks. (:

1 Like

It’s always better to be safe than have your story removed. :woman_shrugging: Good luck with your story :smiley:

2 Likes