Is my story to cliche?

Gigi Estell is a model/singer and she hates it as her father is very controlling and uses her then it was front-page that her father was making her model and sing and all that Gigi wants to do is be a role model to younger children and tell them how beautiful each and every one of them is and her father hates that and kicks her out of her house and she meets a boy named Malus who takes her into his home but Malus is very infamous for being the most feared gang leader in the US but Gigi doesn’t know that and they slowly starts to fall in love with him and she slowly starts to find out about him being a gang leader. Is it to cliche?

4 Likes

I don’t think so! I mean you might have to tweak some details, but I love how you say that Gigi wants to be a role model to younger children and tell them how they are beautiful. That is very mature and a really great choice! Shows her true character. On Episode, there a lot of gang/mafia stories out there, but you gave this a twist, which makes it NOT cliche in my opinion.
I think it is an amazing idea and I would love to read it!
let me know if you need any help otherwise, I would be glad to help x
hopefully this helps you :grin:

1 Like

Thanks I have changed my story like 4 times because I thought it was to cliche and thanks for your opinion I really appreciate it :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Of course xxx

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too cliche. It does all into the “falling in love with someone in the Mafia” category, but as long as you add your own twists and turns, it’ll be a wonderful story! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually really like the idea and it’s not that cliche! :smiley:
Of course, ‘falling in love with some gang leader’ is a frequently used thing in Episode stories, but if you create some unique twists in your story, it will be great!

1 Like

I don’t think it is cliche. The idea of being in love with a gang leader is frequently used but not many of them are where the character doesn’t know it’s a gang leader

1 Like

It’s a fair amount cliche, since ‘cliche’s’ are just overused tropes. There’s reall not enough to tell right now whether it will be fully cliche or just have cliche elements, so you need to keep developing the plot and compare it to other stories to see whether it ends up being as cliche as the rest.

1 Like