Is ok to have YouTube videos of my story?

Like the title says, can I post episodes of my story to youtube?

1. You can, because it’s your story and your work. (I haven’t seen any author upload their stories on Youtube, before? Only users who want to upload their fav author stories and did this without their permission, so the author would copyright strike their channel, and whatever else they need to do.)

2. If someone else does this with/without your permission, check out the above thread comment by Sydney. (just in case if you asked this question as well.)

2 Likes

Oh ok thank you!
Yeah I wanted to do it with my story but I was thinking about the backgrounds and overlays I used from other creators and I was wondering if it’s still ok (with giving credit).

1 Like

Now for the backgrounds and overlays by the creators, you may need to read their terms of use before uploading your story. If it doesn’t allow it, then you may not upload it on Youtube because you are using their assets, some have updated their terms of use before users were allowed to upload things on Youtube.

If it does allow it, then you may. But make sure to read every creator’s terms of use before doing anything.

1 Like

Just want to remind you that, if you upload on YouTube you’ll get less reads on episode

1 Like

Oh Ok thank you!

Oh yeah that’s true!
Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

np!

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is Episode-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

@Avis you are only allowed to post videos with commentary. They can’t be play-throughs without commentary.

1 Like

Oh, wow. @Avis nevermind what I said. :point_up:t3::point_up:t3::point_up:t3:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.