Is the guidebox important?

Hey guys! This is for all of the Tablet readers out there! So, you know the guidebox on the Writer’s Portal? Well, I have never used it because I never considered that my stories would be affected without it for tablet readers. I am just wondering, how important is the guidebox when writing a story? How many of you read on your tablets/iPads? Should I consider beginning to use it? I just don’t want to start if it isn’t necessary because it kind of makes the whole screen look weird to me once I adjust the characters to fit…But I will do it if it helps readers enjoy the story more.

2 Likes

Ye. I started to reread my friends story on my iPad, only to notice how awkward the zooms, speech bubbles, props are, and etc. I think it’s very important to take it into consideration when writing your stories.

3 Likes

I do, all the time.
And overall, I have missed SO SO mUchhh dialogue when reading, just because the speeechbubble isn’t placed in the guide box.
I get that with overlay directing it is pretty hard to get everything in that small window, but… u do u
I feel like a lot of people read on tablet and have experienced the same issues, or it would also be nice if episode had a feature where u can zoom OUT from tablet and see it full screen!

2 Likes

Okay, thank you! I have never personally read Episode on an iPad so I could definitely use some insight!

3 Likes

Okay, I will definitely try and go through to fix that up! Whilst it may be a little annoying and difficult, I am sure it would be much worse for someone who had to read a story that way! Just needed to clarify that this was actually a problem people were having x

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.