Is there a way to add lightning strikes?

Is there a way to add a lightning strike to the scene? Something that appeared, for example, in pretty little liars. Please, I don’t want to wait to get an overlay accepted or something, besides, I wouldn’t know how to animate it (maybe create, clear, create, clear, but I’m still new to this) and I’m also not looking for a whole background flash (the transition in white)…
If there’s not, that would be a great idea to add this, because it adds a lot to the story

EDIT: I’m just going to be patient, haha, and I’ll upload the overlay. Thanks everyone <3

Where there is a background of a lightning strike if you were wondering :thinking:

I know there is a background like this, I’m talking about a lightning strike appearing in another bg

You can just add the sound effect :sweat_smile:

You’d have to upload your own overlay.

I know you mentioned you don’t want to wait…but those are kinda the only options. As @Dona_H mentioned you would need to add your own overlay to create the lightning effect. Try pngtree.com or just Google lightning png.

I don’t think she wants an overlay :sweat_smile:

Lol :joy: I know but I can’t really think of much else :thinking: Besides using multiple lightning backgrounds to create the effect.

I know but it’s the only way.

She/he can just put the sound effect and zoom :sweat_smile: (I’m sweating to much lol)

Why are you sweating? Lol
What do you mean by zoom? On a picture of lightning?

I just mean like is getting to complicated and you can use like the sound and the scene shake to make it look like a thunder storm is about to happen :sweat_smile:

Oh! I get it…Take an image with several different lightning bolts. Zoom in on different areas and add sound effects.
That does sound easier but she/he would still have to wait for background approval.

Yeah! something like that

You could do the sound effects with a bunch of transition fade out white in 0.2 and it will look like lightening flashes

I don’t think she wants that either :sweat_smile:

Oh whoops didn’t see that

Oh, I was sleeping and woke up to so many replies…
Thanks everyone, for now I used the transition in white, it works fine, but I’ll upload an overlay because I really want an effect that was in PLL. <3 Again thank you for your time

Yup I did, for now the transition + the clap is working ok for me C:

I’ve just seen this, hi again :joy:

I have a template for it, would you like to use it?