Is there ANY way to stop the weird pause!?

So I have a scene where a character is falling using the “crowdsurf_excited_loop” animation, and then I want them to be doing the “idle_lay_exhausted_loop” animation straight after. But in between these there’s an awkward moment where the character just stands there. :woman_standing:
It messes it all up. :woman_facepalming:
So, is there any way at all to make that pause go away!? I’ve tried everything and just think it’s impossible now.

What the script looks like

1 Like

You need to use “does it while” when making a character walk while doing an animation

2 Likes

It’s not the walking while doing the animation that’s the problem. The character does the animation while moving to the spot, but then before doing the laying animation, just pauses briefly.

1 Like

Try this:

@SKYE walks to spot 0.866 136 -39 in zone 1 in 1 and SKYE does it while crowdsurf_excited_loop then SKYE spot 0.866 321 148 in zone 1 and SKYE faces right and SKYE is idle_lay_exhausted_loop

2 Likes

This is the issue, you’re using “is” when walking while doing the animation and that’s what causes that pause. You need to change “is” to “does it while”

2 Likes

@fake_bananas @Dara.Amarie
Thank you it’s working now. I didn’t realise there was a difference in using “is” and “does it while”. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You can read about the differences here:

2 Likes

Right, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.