Is there anything I can do to soften the blow of having to republish an entire chapter?

I recently published parts 1-3 of a story I wrote and have gathered a fair amount of readers so far. However, after receiving some notes from a few editors and readers, I’ve realized that I’m going to be needing to make a few changes to episodes 2 and 3.

I know how annoying it is for readers to have to re-read an entire chapter before they can go to the next one. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening or soften the blow a little? I’m planning on adding a bit of new content so that the chapter isn’t completely a repeat, but still, I wish I didn’t have to.

— Audrey

You could have it so the reader’s have the choice to skip the chapter with labels.

I know, but it’s so messy! Then, every new reader from then on will see that prompt at the beginning.

Hm… it’s not a lot of coding at all. And it’s not so bad, in “The Bad Boy’s Game” she has that option for episodes 10 and 11 and I did not mind. If you still don’t want to do that then you might have to just make them reread since I don’t know of any other way.

Okay, thanks for your help with this! I didn’t mean that it’s a lot of coding, I just meant that it looked a little unprofessional.

Honestly, Episode REALLY needs to add a feature where writers can decide whether or not a chapter needs to be re-read.

Ohhh okay :joy:

And I know RIGHTTTTT! I hate having to re-read episodes. :joy::joy:

Support this idea here :slight_smile:

We need more likes :wink: