Is there anything wrong with my story? Is it too boring?

I only have like 6 reads, haha.
If anyone is interested in reading and reviewing my first 3 chapters, that would be awesome.
I don’t really share my episode story with any real-life friends or family, so I’m starting out with like no followers, lol, but I’m not really into social media or f4f type of thing… (The first post I’ve ever made on insta is literally the fact that I published my story… to all 8 of my followers… I’ve never ever made an insta post in my life before, lol)

I do enjoy reading other stories, so maybe r4r, but not sure how many I can read…
But I really hope to get at least more than 6 reads, lol. How do people get 50-100 reads in a few days after publishing?
Also, I’m thinking of scrapping the scheduled updates idea and just updating as soon as I can. I might publish the next 2 chapters this weekend or early next week, after my art scene for chapter 5 gets done and approved.

So anyway, here’s my story: My Gamer Boys

Cover:

Description: You love videogames and board games, but you have no friends at all. The solution? Make friends with two HOT gamer boys. Friendship is all you want, right?
CC, Art Scenes, Minigames, Points System, Choices Matter

Genre: Romance

Maybe I should change the description? Any ideas? I’m thinking to change up the first sentence, because it seems bland and boring.

2 Likes

Wow that’s super cool.
I like the description will check your story
Please dm me in my IG - _ angryybirdd_ for story shoutout

1 Like

Thank you! I sent you a dm!

Hey, love!
Well, you’re off to a good start with this post. Keep promoting, do r4rs, get your stories reviewed on IG, and just make friends in the community. That’s the best you can really do. Your story definitely looks dope, and it seems very unique! I like the description and cover, so all I can really advise you to do is keep promoting, try to get committed readers, and just update frequently. :slight_smile:

Word of advice, romance is probably the toughest genre to trend in. Maybe switch to Adventure so it can trend faster, speed up review process, and get more attention? I can see your story fitting into adventure for sure!

1 Like

Thank you! :blush: :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll definitely think about changing genres, I wasn’t really sure where to put this story. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m reading the first episode, and let me just say this is probably one of the most cooolest stories I’ve ever read.

2 Likes

Your directing is literally out of this world… like HOW

1 Like

Thank you soo much! I worked quite a lot on the directing!

omg ur story cover reminds me of anime, also i love the plot, its so unique! do u mind of i promo this w ur insta @ on my acc?

my insta is @ annie_epi.14

1 Like

Thank you, and I would love it if you could promote it! My instagram is @streampaw.

1 Like

I think honestly just promote the hell out of your story. Yeah some people just get lucky, but promoting your story is really important. It could be the best story on the planet, but if people don’t know it exists, then it won’t matter yk? So do what you can, reach out to others and all that. But other than that, I’m reading your story rn and the directing girl omg. HOW? It’s so freaking good. The only thing I feel like you could maybe do different is have the characters walk a little bit slower, and some of the zooms are a bit too fast for me. but that’s totally personal preference, some people like it that way and others like it slower. just for me I like it a bit slower, completely up to you though! love your story you’re doing great!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I notice that in featured stories the characters are always walking really fast… I thought most people like it that way :sweat_smile: I guess it just depends on your preference! Thank you for reading my story!

I’ll read it :smiley::heart:

1 Like

i agree w her! i also think r4rs would help! and get ppl to promo ur story on their insta, also be more active on insta!

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Sounds cool, I’ll read it for sure after i finish the current one I’m reading

1 Like

that’s true! and no problem hope your story gets the recognition it deserves!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.