Is This Absurd?

Hey everyone! :smiley:
I had an idea for my story, but for that I need a character of mine who is 17 to not know how to play chess. Is this weird that a 17-year-old girl wouldn’t know how to play chess, or is this normal? Thanks to everyone who answers! :hearts:

• It makes sense that a 17-year-old girl wouldn’t know how to play chess in 2018
  • It’s strange that she doesn’t know how to play, she should know.

0 voters

2 Likes

lol I’m 21 and I don’t know to play chess :joy:
I wouldn’t even know where to begin

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure most of our population doesn’t know how to play chess

8 Likes

I think it makes sense that she knows how to play chess… Cuz I’m almost 15 and I also know how to play chess pretty good :grimacing: :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

I learnt how to play chess when I was 8 :skull:. I went to chess club in my school, definitely worth it.

3 Likes

Wow nice… How old are you?

I’m currently 15. :slight_smile:

1 Like

High five :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

I don’t know anyone outside of my family that knows how to play chess so I’d, say it’s perfectly normal for a 17 year old to not know how to play chess.

1 Like

I am 21 and I do know how to play chess, but that is only because my childhood did not revolve around technology. So, to pass the time, it was either playing board games (and getting mad at all your cousins and siblings in the meantime :joy:) or playing outside. You know, hide and seek and all that fun stuff I only play while drunk now.

But board games are not nearly as popular as they used to be, so yes, it would be perfectly normal for a 17 year old girl not to know how to play chess.

2 Likes

Well, maybe I am not 17 (yet), but I don’t know to play chess :woman_shrugging:t4:. So, I guess it is just normal :neutral_face: (?)

1 Like

Oh…i didn’t realize has so many people didn’t know how to play chess. I thought parents still taught their kids how to do that I don’t know my to know how to play chess and their 10 and 8 so I just thought it was normal for everybody else to know I voted it would be strange

1 Like

Lmao I’m 17 and I have no idea how to play chess :joy::joy::joy: dont know anyone who even does

1 Like

I don’t know how to play chess (someone taught me once but I forgot) there’s plenty of people out there that cannot play chess

Happy birthday btw :partying_face: (I believe that’s what the cake is for :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Lol yup, so im not 17 anymore

1 Like

Happy birthday :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.