Is this appropriate to publish?

I’m making a story about a couple and how the husband is physically, emotionally, and sexually abusing the wife and how the wife is dealing with it. I plan on adding content and trigger warnings at the beginning of each chapter and before certain scenes. Should I still make it?

Yhea it’s fine. All other stories have it

1 Like

ok thanks

1 Like

Just because evryone els break the rules dosent mean you should too.

but anyway you can but I think you shouldent. you would to be walking on eggshelfs because if its to much and get reported it might get removed

3 Likes

Well I mean not a lot a lot just a bit like a normal story

1 Like

Yeah but it didnt sound like a backstory but the mane plot. and if it is I dont think episode would let it be

1 Like

If it’s over the line then Yhea episode won’t allow it

1 Like

Well i think that even when people will see the warnings they will still read it and bcuz there is abusing and SEXUALLY abusing so I don’t think u should upload it cuz it may get reported and deleted. And also there r kids reading it so they may also even get influenced by it. So I wouldn’t recommend u uploading it

6 Likes

I think it’s a good idea, but you have to be careful with the rules.

2 Likes

i’ve seen physical & emotional/verbal abuse in stories but it wasn’t the main focus.

sexual abuse is something i haven’t seen in a story that is still kept up, so i’m not sure about that.

i would recommend asking @/Tyler.

2 Likes

who’s tyler?

episode story reviewer.

he’s in the moderators group for forums.

1 Like

If you need to ask @Tyler questions about your story. Feel free. He’ll tell you what you need to do as long as you are not breaking the guidelines.

1 Like

As long as it’s not glorified or too descriptive, it seems like it should be okay under Episode’s guidelines. I’d also suggest getting an opinion from someone on Episode’s staff to be sure, though.

1 Like

thank you :heart:

1 Like

I don’t see any problem with you publishing a story like this personally but remember what the content guidelines say:
Your story can’t:
promote or depict excessive violence or assault, including but not limited to sexual assault, murder, and torture against humans or animals

But then again the guidelines also say:
Physical or sexual abuse can referenced provided the representation is respectful, contextually appropriate and doesn’t glorify being a victim / survivor.

I think you should be able to publish this if you go about it right :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thanks for the advice :heartpulse:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.