Is this permissible? you can check it here (avoid going against the guidelines)

I think we all have doubts about the guidelines and what’s permissible, so let’s use this thread to share our concerns. I don’t want to create a new thread every time I have a question regarding this topic, so I hope this is useful.

My first question is… can I have one of the characters “shaming” MC for being “easy” and “stupid” by having relationships with him? I would include a big trigger warning and an option to skip that scene, but basically, MC’s ex-boyfriend humiliated her for having relationships (I won’t explicitly mention or show s*x related stuff).

Just to clarify: it was all consensual, but sometimes ex-boyfriends treat women like this. He will say something like “you will never forget that I was your first time because you were stupid enough to believe I loved you”.

Sorry if it’s a difficult topic, but it’s part of MC’s story and I wanted to ask this.

2 Likes

I’ve read stories that deal with this stuff and they do what you said in terms of a trigger warning and option to skip. I often see them trending in the top 100 so they were definitely reviewed and approved. Based on that, I think it’s okay.

2 Likes

Thank you for replying! I was worried about the sl*tshaming part, but that character is literally portraited as an evil person so…

1 Like

I think you’d be okay!

Absolute worst case scenario Episode asks you to change it and then you’re back up and running a few days later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also have another question…

Can I mention that a mafia/gang does horrible things without being explicit about it? I’m not referring to robbers, assassins, dr*g dealers, etc. I’m referring to the shady stuff I can’t mention but I will just give hints about it.

Example:

“They take advantage of vulnerable people, I can’t even mention the things they do without feeling sad and angry”.

1 Like

I agree with what @fake_bananas said! I think you’d be okay covering these topics, as long as there’s a trigger warning. :slightly_smiling_face: I feel like this is an important thing to talk about… especially since a lot of people have had someone say something similar to this to them. I know I have :roll_eyes:

I think that would be okay since other trending authors have mentioned stuff about voilent mafias. :thinking: As long as you don’t get too graphic/explicit I’m sure you’d be okay! :relaxed:

2 Likes

The same applies to political discussions. I won’t mention any ideology and I even created a fake country to avoid conflicts, but one of my characters loves philosophy and likes to discuss power, freedom, corruption, etc.

Example:

“Consumerism is a way of controlling people, that’s what the people of this country want. No one questions them, they are comfortable having people competing against each other”.

And yeah… I could avoid having the characters discussing these topics, but I just don’t want to say “Fulanito loves to discuss philosophy” without actually showing him talking about it.

As I said, I won’t mention any political party, nor things like BLM, feminism, etc. The corrupt politicians don’t resemble any real person and their beliefs won’t be shown.

1 Like

that’s the thing! this is common to women (being shamed for being “easy” and having people shaming you for trusting someone).

I will include a version of the scene without the s*xual part (well, it’s only mentioned briefly) because I don’t want to “punish” people for not wanting to read an offensive scene.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.