Hey, everyone. I’m pretty new here and I’m writing a story while at the same time avoiding cliches and tokenism.
However I’ve started to worry that it might not be well received due to certain qualities…
It’s a fantasy story, in a fantasy (not modern) world… the problem is that it contains both vampires and werewolves. (it also contains religious magic-users) It won’t be a “Twilight” story, it’s more like I replaced high elves with vampires and wood elves with werewolves.
I will make a list of things I’m considering/have decided to put in my story.
- Fantasy world
- Multiple love interests to choose from with different background, of different genders, of different races, ethnicities and social status.
- The option to choose none of the love interests
- Slow burn romance
- Getting to know the love interest as a friend before any romantic options are available. (There might be a few exceptions, but in those cases the love interest will be the one to act and in those cases there will be an option to refuse both temporarily and permanently)
- Ability to choose gender eg male, female and non-binary (The avatar will most likely be femme)
- Ability to choose whether you’re a trans guy/trans girl or if you’re cis.
- Ability to choose masc or femme clothing
- Ability to choose between a set of names (male, female and unisex)
- Ability to choose hairstyle
- A fantasy plot independent of the presence of a romantic subplot (the fantasy plot might be affected by your choices in the subplot and vice versa)
- advanced directing
- sound effects, but being able to read even if you have sound turned off.
- nice animations
- Polyamory as an option
- One love interest will be emotionally abusive and the MC will reject him until he behaves differently. (I’m considering giving an option to disregard the abuse and end up as a prisoner in the dungeon and having the MC hate the LI. I’m not sure, I don’t want to romanticize abuse and I’m worried that it will be read as if I am )
- Few (if any) gem choices. I want the choices to be free, not lock people out of the “real” storyline.
Please give me your thoughts, I want a second opinion…