Is this story idea okay?

Hi everyone!

So, I’m currently in the process of writing a story that is centered around a lore. The lore ties back to Judaism and Christianity, though it is not often talked about. The lore refers to an angel that is considered both an enemy and ally to Hell AND Heaven. Going with that concept, I was wondering how I should portray the story. I was originally going to include God and Lucifer as characters, but now I’m worried that it may come off as insensitive.

I’d also like to add that I’ve done my research on this topic, and the angel I’m referring to is tasked by God to torture humans during the final days on earth. It is briefly mentioned in the Bible, but not enough to be remembered by many. Going with that idea, I thought it would only make the most sense that God may not be the all-loving entity that the Bible portrays.

I’d like to STRONGLY emphasize that this story in no way reflects my personal beliefs regarding religion. I genuinely have no opinion one way or another about religion, but I want to make sure that I’m not offending those that are religious. Honestly, I’m just venturing out into different thought processes to see what would be interesting for the story.

And I’d like to ask that you all are respectful with your replies. I just want to have an honest discussion and this in no way is meant to harm anyone :heart:

*** I’d also like to mention that I don’t intend for my story to be religious. The only religious aspects are the characters themselves and how they’re portrayed

7 Likes

Hello! Your story sounds really interesting and I would be excited to read it when it gets published.
I can not speak for everyone, but as a Catholic, I enjoy stories like this because they make me look at my faith in a different way. Not change my views, but challenge me, even when it’s a fictional story. I know not everyone feels that way, but I would really be excited to read this.

4 Likes

I really appreciate your reply!!! I’m looking forward to hearing other responses because I’m actually very excited to go forward with this story. I just don’t want it to be harmful. Are there any topics or themes you’d say are 100% off limit? I would like to tell you more about my story to get feedback, but I also don’t want to spoil it :see_no_evil: (unless you don’t mind). if so I’ll PM you :))

2 Likes

Well as an atheist, I will never read stories about religion but there are many that do like it. So I would go ahead and write the story down, publish it, and see how it goes :relieved:

1 Like

I would love to hear more. You can spoil it if you like.
I will still read it later. For me, I haven’t found a topic that is off limits.
As I said, I like it because it tends to challenge me.
Please feel free to send me a message. i would be more than happy to talk further.

2 Likes

Hi! I appreciate your response as well! I will say, I don’t intend to make this a story about religion. I more so wanted to focus on the struggle between a higher power and their subordinates. It just so happened to be about an angel, and then I’d figured I’d also add God as well, considering it’s from the same lore. The story is primarily taken place on Earth and it deals with the angel interacting with humans, so religion isn’t that large of an aspect. Thank you for your response!!

3 Likes

I really appreciate this! I will PM you now

2 Likes

Can you explain it more because I don’t understand?

2 Likes

Yeah!

So, I’m writing a story about how an angel goes down to earth and interacts with humans. This angel isn’t made up, and actually originated from Christianity and Judaism. According to what I’ve read, this angel is tasked by God to torture humans during Judgement Day. Going with that, I thought it might be interesting to question the character of God and what qualifies a human for repentance. I’m just worried that this story may come off as insensitive. Though I don’t intend for it to be about religion, it may come across that way, which is also something I’d like to avoid

1 Like

Oh okay. I’m religion myself so…
Sounds interesting just do research on it more.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I feel as though I‘ve done a lot of research on the topic, but I guess you can never research something too much :sweat_smile: My main concern is how people will perceive the story

1 Like

Oh yeah I understand :sweat_smile:
I can beta read if you want.

1 Like

Actually, would it be okay if I just PMed you the full story outline? My first 3 chapters honestly won’t be that far into the plot line

1 Like

Okay, that’s fine.

1 Like

idk if my PM went through or not, but it’s okay. I might just reach out in a few weeks so you can beta test it, but I’m not even sure if I’ll go through with the idea

Sounds interesting, but you have to be careful of what you write, so that it doesn’t offend God himself, is not everything pleases God my dear :blush: :blush: :blush:

1 Like

If God is going to be one of your character, I just wanted to say that
God himself is not black, brown or white, he do not have a human color

The bible describes him that, he’s gold and brighter than the morning star, he’s not in a flesh. he’s just a holy spirit

but anyway its your story :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you! I’m actually already aware of this, but I wanted to have a physical representation just so it would be easier as far as the story goes

1 Like

Ok Jesus was Jewish man, you can make him look like Jesus The skin color of a Jewish Person

I understand what you’re saying, but just a friendly reminder that Jewish people can have any skin color :blush:

2 Likes