Is This Weird And Am I Weird For Doing It?

Okay, so… I’m an Episode writer, but also an Episode reader, and I’ve been a writer since before 2018 (I believe) and I know I was reading for many years before that, but as my years in the Episode Community goes on, I’ve realized I enjoy reading (like just for fun) my own stories from either beginning to end (sometimes to test and sometimes just to read them) or from Episode 1 to the current Episode I’m writing. Is this weird and I’m I weird for doing it? Please share your opinions/feedback!

8 Likes

Omg, I’m the same! I read my story plans and think ‘omg this is f-ing brilliant’ lmao :nail_care:

6 Likes

I’ve been working on new stories (soo many lol) just so I can do this! I’ve been getting so into it that I’ve abandoned already published stories that people are waiting for new episodes on. :sweat_smile::see_no_evil:
I just really enjoy writing and reading for myself atm. I find it really stress relieving for me lol.

3 Likes

i do that all the time :skull: ill be like yesss like is soo good :nail_care:

1 Like

I think it’s completely normal. Generally, we write the stories we would want to read ourselves. Because those are the types of stories that meet our standards as a reader.
There’s a quote by Toni Morrison, which I love.

“If there is a book that you want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” - Toni Morrison.

2 Likes

Hahah I do that with some of my old stories I have written! Some of them are so cringey lol
But it’s not weird though!
All the love,
Neha! xx

1 Like

Ooh, that’s cool!

I don’t think it’s weird. I personally don’t like reading my own stories over and over, since I know all spot mistakes, and I’ve already proofread them way too many times than I had wanted to. :joy:

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this isn’t about story feedback/reviews. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

I do the exact same thing😂

1 Like

It isn’t weird at all. It just means you’re proud and appreciative of your work! I do it all the time, especially with my drafts and as a perfectionist.
It’s fun to see your hard work pay off. It’s pretty satisfying, too!

1 Like

I do this for fanfics I write that I’m never going to publish :flushed:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.