Is this worth commission?

I jus wanted to hear what ppl think abt my art work and if its worth a commission.
I started to do neon photo edits and this is the first one i ever made.
I can also do like character neon edits asw
Here is one i did of jennie from bp

I DIDNT DRAW THIS I SIMPLY JUS EDITED IT

3 Likes

No, because its trace, you can not sell trace art, that is scamming people.

your colors are amazing, but when selling commission you have to do it yourself 100%, even if you did it for free, tracing is still wrong, because images are usally copyrighted.

2 Likes

oh lol see this is why i asked
But i can also do character neon edits where its just w people’s mc so isnt that like ok?

1 Like

Hm, as long as you are NOT using episode’s backgrounds, in the edits, and selling them, because it’s not allowed.

no they are jus clear png’s

1 Like

if its episode charatcers, then you can not commission that, because episode own the copyright om them.

its good you ask. many here dont really know copyright law, using a copyright image is basicly theft. the laws are a bit stupid and a hard to understand, best advice keep to royalty free websites like pixabay.

but if you trace even from copyright free matiriel, you need to be open about it.

1 Like

Oh, I saw you edited your post, so okay. I’m not really good with art and explaining how things work. Um, since you edited it, it does look a bit traced.

Yep, agreed. :point_up:t4: :point_up:t4:

1 Like

wait what do u mean by traced i dont get it lol

1 Like

How did u edit it? And again, I’m not good with art, so @line123462 could explain what traced means I guess. XDD

i used this app called ibis paint and like edited it

1 Like

Oh, I use that app before, but for a different purpose, and so u just edited the image. I see now. But you need to make it your own work, meaning draw from scratch, and then edit it, and not edit the image because the image is copyrighted, regardless of where u get it from.

1 Like

oh ok so if i jus edited ppls episode characters and made an art shop and sold them as idk like splashes and pfp but its not commission is that ok?

1 Like

yeah! many of people do that actually.

1 Like

As long as it is not commissioned, and don’t say sold because it’s like commissioning lol. But you can make an art shop to help authors with art, splashes, etc.

1 Like

but if i draw it and edit it as how i edit can i do commission

1 Like

In your own work, and maybe choose a different pose, and yes.

as long as you completely draw from scratch and do not trace over others work, i don’t see why not. but it all depends on the complexity, and time it takes. but like someone has said above, you are not allowed to make profit off of episodes assets which includes characters

1 Like

what so i cant like trace the character and whatever pose they r doing

trace is taken a picuture and draw over it. use it to line out your art, hope you dont mind me borrowing outline by @Randomwriter07

example, this outline, is trace of an episode character

ahh, that’s what it means! lol thanks!

2 Likes