Islam discussion

Well it matters by the individual, not the religion I’d say.

Yeah. You know, I wish it was easy :pensive: .
@EpisodeShadow, may I ask you - when it comes to a child’s religion, whose religion you, the Muslims, follow according to?

But that’s cultural, not 100% religious

1 Like

I don’t know what that means? What are you trying to ask?

It is not only cultural. It is also according to the Bible.

I know what passages you’re talking about, but according to Halakha, you are allowed.

I will explain: if, for instance, a Muslim woman marries to a non-Muslim man, her children will be Muslims as well or their religion is up to their father’s?

1 Like

It’s the children’s decision, not the parents if they choose for the kids. Although, they might express their religion to the kid, it’s their choice once they are older.

1 Like

But we usually follow in the mothers religion and that goes for other religions too.

1 Like

Nation of Islam.

I do not know why, but I was told me that the children’s religion is up to their father :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
But, since you are Muslim yourself, then now I know clearly about this subject.

Anyay, I am sorry again for the misunderstanding, everyone :pray:
It was not my intention at all. :pensive:
I sometimes can be unobivious, especially when I speak in a language that it isn’t my native language.

So, I apologize again if I made you think that I am racist or anything like this, because I am not and I will never be.

1 Like

My grandparents were Muslims they changed when they moved to U.S though

1 Like

I never said that it is something wrong. And I never will.

1 Like

There are loads of people in the world with one Jewish parent. Especially in America! And they follow Judaism.

1 Like

I remember when I was in 8th grade, these two girls were talking about our Muslim teacher. And they both laughed at her and making fun of her hijab. One of them was like “she’ll probably blow up this school”. And a couple of people laughed. Little did they know that they had a classmate who was Muslim sitting right next to them. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Oh, that’s what it says? So most Muslims aren’t following the Qur’an…

2 Likes

About marriage.

1 Like

Unless they convert! Haha yeah :blush:

2 Likes

Here, photos of Muslim women back in the days where the way they dressed isn’t so strict like it is today:

Lubna of Cordoba

Rābi‘a al-‘Adawīyya

Fāṭima b. Abī al-Qāsim ‘Abd al-Rahmān b. Muhammad b. Ghālib al-Ansārī al-Sharrāṭ

Razia Sultan

3 Likes