Issue with @faces right/left

Hello everyone,
So I want my character to “fly” but it keeps on flying feet first instead of head first what can I do to fix that?
Here is how it looks like:
The red arrow: she “flies” in this direction (feet first)
The green arrow: The direction I want her to fly (head first)

Here is the script:
@AIMEE spot 0.614 477 609 in zone 1 and AIMEE is idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear

@AIMEE faces right
@AIMEE walks to spot 0.614 -168 593 in zone 1 in 0.5 and AIMEE is idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear
@pause for 0.2
@AIMEE faces left
@AIMEE walks to spot 0.614 537 472 in zone 1 in 0.5 and AIMEE is idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear
@pause for 0.2
@AIMEE faces right
@AIMEE walks to spot 0.776 -218 384 in zone 1 in 0.5 and AIMEE is idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear
@pause for a beat
@AIMEE faces left
@AIMEE walks to spot 1.235 154 52 in zone 1 in 0.5 and AIMEE is idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear
@AIMEE faces right

What can I do to fix this? :pensive:

1 Like

As you are using rear animations, you must face them the opposite direction you want them.
For example, if you wanted your character Aimee to be talk_neutral_loop_rear whilst facing left you have to write
@AIMEE starts talk_neutral_loop_rear and AIMEE faces right

Yes the animation is a rear one and she is facing the opposite direction in the script. She keeps on flying feet first no matter if she is facing left or right :persevere:

Have you tried does it while instead of is

I want her to fly from screen left to screen right, then disappear at right, then come back and fly from screen left to screen right. She changes her direction but she always fly feet first. I tried to change the “faces right” into “faces left” many times already but she keeps on flying feet first :frowning:

1 Like

I’ll try that :thinking:

1 Like

I think it’s because she is facing right then shes doing the walking, try doing it all on one line of code

@AIMEE faces right and AIMEE walks to spot 0.614 -168 593 in zone 1 in 0.5 and AIMEE is idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear

I tried, but I had a script error

What was the error?

too many values to unpack

1 Like

I tried this code
@AIMEE spot 0.614 477 609 in zone 1 and AIMEE is idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear

@AIMEE faces right and AIMEE walks to spot 0.614 -168 593 in zone 1 in 0.5 and AIMEE does it while idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear
@pause for 0.2
@AIMEE faces left and AIMEE walks to spot 0.614 537 472 in zone 1 in 0.5 and AIMEE does it while idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear
@pause for 0.2
@AIMEE faces right AND AIMEE walks to spot 0.776 -218 384 in zone 1 in 0.5 and AIMEE does it while idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear
@pause for a beat
@AIMEE faces left AND AIMEE walks to spot 1.235 154 52 in zone 1 in 0.5 and AIMEE does it while idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear
@AIMEE faces right and AIMEE does it while talk_greet_neutral

And it’s still not working

Have you tried telling her to face after walking like this
@AIMEE walks to spot 1.235 154 52 in zone 1 in 0.5 and AIMEE faces left and AIMEE does it while idle_lay_facedown_loop_rear

1 Like

I’ll try this

1 Like

It works!!!

1 Like

Yes! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

No problem! :grin: