Issue with layering

people please help. I can’t spot what I am doing wrong, I am trying to make Tyler be in front of everyone except Matt… but nothing is working.

@pan to zone 3
music music_fashionedge
@TYLER enters from right to screen center AND MATT enters from right to screen right AND TYLER moves to layer 69
@TYLER moves to layer 69
@MATT moves to layer 76
@TYLER is think_rubchin AND MATT is flirt_coy
@pause for 4
@cut to zone 2
@TREY is dance_groove_happy_loop AND TREY faces left AND JADE faces right AND JADE is idle_awkward_uneasy_loop
@pause for 2

1 Like

I am aware I put them in really high layers, only because I am frustrated as hell and I am trying to do everything.

If you want TYLER to be behind MATT, TYLER’s layer has to be higher than MATT’s.

I’m pretty sure that is Matt is going to be at let’s say layer 3 and Tyler layer 2 then Matt will be in front.

1 Like

Yes and I thought you wanted TYLER to be in front.

the higher the layer the char will be in front, if MATT is at layer 3 then Tyler is at layer 2 then Matt is in front, if you can’t help me please don’t comment.

Don’t use the “enters” command because that command (along with the “stands position” command) places characters at weird default layers.

You should place your characters offscreen first using spot direction at the layer you want them to be. Then make them walk onscreen.

@/TYLER spot 1.280 420 0 in zone 3 at layer 4
@/MATT spot 1.280 420 0 in zone 3 at layer 5

@/TYLER walks to spot 1.28 160 0 and MATT walks to spot 1.28 270 0

1 Like

omg thank you so much, you’re a life saver :smile: