Issue with remembering a choice in my script

Hey guys!

So, I’m trying to complete a remembering choice, and I have everything named correctly and the choice that I’m trying to remember correctly, but for some reason it is only showing the “else” choice no matter what choice I chose while previewing. I’ll leave how I have it coded hopefully it’s a small mistake.

The choice I’m trying to remember is labeled as final_love_interest

Here;s my coding for the choices:

if (final_love_interest is “Brody”){

(Storyline 1 here)

}
elif (final_love_interest is “Kody”){

(Storyline 2 here)

}
elif (final_love_interest is “Justin”){

(Storyline 3 here)

}
else{

(Storyline 4 here)

}

My script isn’t showing any errors in the error box. So I’m not sure why it’s only showing one stroyline for each choice. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

When does the choice you’re trying to remember take place? If it’s in a previous chapter, the web portal won’t remember it and consequently will always show the else option.

1 Like

I’m trying to remember it in the next episode. so should I put the remembering choice in the same episode then continue it through to the next episode?

1 Like

You’ll have to use the remembering choice format in each new chapter, but you don’t have to use it in the chapter in which the choice takes place if you don’t want/need to.

All I mean is that the web portal doesn’t remember choices the way the app will, so you’ll always see the else option if the choice was made in a different chapter.

I hope that makes sense… If you can, I’d recommend previewing your story on the app! If your choices are correctly remembered there, then you should be good to go.

1 Like

That’s how I previewed it, I only use my phone to preview and code it feels easier to me lol. However it’s still doing the same thing. I’m not sure why. I went through and hit restart story to so I have had to have done something wrong but I have it coded exactly as shown and if I remember correctly that is how it’s coded to remember something , so this is super frustrating! Thank you for trying to help me!

1 Like

Oh! Sorry, haha. Hopefully someone else can spot an error, because it looks fine to me. I guess if all else fails you could try doing them separately, like

This:

if (final_love_interest is “Brody”) {

(Storyline 1 here)

} else {

}

if (final_love_interest is “Kody”) {

(Storyline 2 here)

} else {

}

if (final_love_interest is “Justin”) {

(Storyline 3 here)

} else {

}

if (final_love_interest is “Other”) {

(Storyline 4 here)

} else {

}

That’s what I did for my story, I’m not exactly sure why lol now that I look at it. But it worked!

1 Like

you could also try using gains instead. so when the reader chooses the final love interest, you can just write “gain Brody” or “gain Justin” etc.

then to remember it, all you’d need to do is write

if (Brody) {

} elif (Kody) {

} elif (Justin) {

} else {

}

Can you show the choice?

Just want to make sure if you actually named the choice that or if your using the label name.

yes give me one second.

line 2561.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. TIA

Label is used to lead to a goto that shares the same name only, not for remembering. You don’t have a choice title which is why it’s not remembering your choice.

choice (CHOICE_NAME)
“Brody”{
}
“Kody”{

Then when remembering the choice:
if (CHOICE_NAME is “Brody”){
(Storyline here)
}
elif (CHOICE_NAME is “Kody”){

I guess I’m not understanding. I can’t use my label at line 2561 to remember my choice in future episodes?

The label is for, examples, navigating to a particular scene, or dressing games to go back and forth for readers to choose their outfits.

So you’d need to remove that label because as far as my understanding, you are making the readers choose their love interest and that’s it right? Unless you are using the label for something else?
You don’t use a label to remember a choice, you name a choice title to remember in future episodes. Like what I mentioned:

Oh my I’m so stupid :joy: is it alright if I copy your script template to save.? Thank you for the help!

Yes, remember to include what you need to include in it, because there’s only Brody and Kody here, and change the name of the CHOICE_NAME if you want to. These are just examples. :blush:

I appreciate it. I got my wires crossed lol. Thank you for the help. :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.