Issues with my crush!

I need help. So… there is this boy I like, and he’s super funny and silly and plays basketball and he is religious considering his name is Jesus (hey-zeus).

My problem: I literally get so f*cking nervous while talking to him and if I do he’s really good with conversation and cracks jokes and stuff but like that is also with my friends group in he keeps us all laughing in history but sometimes he’ll make comments that I’ll just hear and I’ll giggle or he’ll do something silly and I burst out laughing and every time I do he gets the cutest grin on his face and watches me while I laugh (not in a creepy way just seeing if I thought it was funny) and I usually do, and a lot of the time well just glance each other and make ugly faces at each other, usually the teacher is like knock it off and then we make stupid faces behind the teachers back, and this has been going on for a couple of months but I’m too much of a baby to do anything further!! Like I want to talk to him outside of just history and English class (the classes we have with each other) but where do I even start?

I am also super worried cuz I don’t know too much about him, like I know he has siblings and goes to Puerto Rico often to visit his brother who lives there and likes basketball and is always messing around with his friends, but the thing is he gets I.S.S. (In school suspension) a lot and what if he’s just a another bad boy, because the last guy I talked to was literally a drug dealer and had gone to jail and I really don’t want to go down that path again. Like what if he does drugs and shit? Cuz my adoptive parents are super over protective about that stuff cuz they don’t want me to end up like my biological family who are pretty much all addicts to some form of stuff.

I really don’t know what to do! :weary::weary::weary::weary: some one please send advice.

~a girl with a PHAT crush :broken_heart::broken_heart:

Some tags off the top of my head:
@miss.keisha
@hali1
@SkyM
@MahedraMari
@SilverRose
@N_Epi
@AMagic
@epi.imani

7 Likes

Thank u this was very helpful, but like his number? That’s a bit of a far leap… I can’t just… ask him that’s like SO embarrassing i probably would die because of it, and i feel like I can’t just ask him for it cuz then he’ll like automatically know that I obviously like him and Idek he kinda hangs out with a bad crowd, but here’s the thing sometimes I see him in the media center grinding on work and getting it done and stuff and he becomes like so serious even in class sometimes he’s literally so focused, and other times he’s arguing with the teacher about something stupid, I just wish people had little previews to go with them when I meet someone so I know what I’m in for

2 Likes

I would ask for his snap if we’re friends (I didn’t read that whole thing sorry)

2 Likes

But like… I don’t have snap doe… :sweat_smile: my mum is super protective. I don’t have insta either.

2 Likes

Oh. Then ask for his number. Or make an excuse to ask for it. If you guys are friends it should be fine. The worst he will do is say no. Sometimes in life we will get rejected. Tell him that you don’t have social media and that’s why you are asking for his number.

2 Likes

U make it sound so easy! :sob::sob: I don’t have the balls to do that, but I can at least try…?

2 Likes

Yes! You can do it. I know it’s scary. I was scared too. It’s worth a try tho. You don’t wanna pass up an opportunity.

2 Likes

Umm Im late as f**k

2 Likes

Is it because you’re scared of rejection?

2 Likes

Well, i mean rejection is scary but like I’m not trying to ask when all my friends are watching me cuz that would be even worseeeeee…

1 Like

But also where like friends but we’re not friends ya know? Like you would hang out with them in school but u don’t talk to them out side of school or those classes unless I want to which I do but like…

2 Likes

It’s a sign that he’s a kid in school, no new info there, bud. What does having good grades have to do with a person’s character? You’re gonna miss out on knowing a lot of cool people if something that ultimately meaningless is what you base your opinion on.

I think a lot of this worrying is a bit premature, you two barely know each other, he doesn’t even know you have a crush on him (not for sure anyway), maybe start by getting to know him better? ask for his number, hang out on the weekends (make it a group thing if you aren’t comfortable enough to ask him out proper), maybe he is a shitty person and you’ll find that out before you tell him how you feel about him and save yourself the trouble.

3 Likes

@LiaMina this was very helpful/useful, I’ll try and work up the guts to talk/hang out with him, U seem really experienced about these kind of topics just the way you talked about it up there, I don’t know if I can ask for his number but like…all I can really do is try, and so Only having to experienced these type of situations a couple of times before kinda makes me a noob. I’m ur average annoying 16 year old girl helpless AF. And you all were very helpful and supportive thx, I’ll update you all of anything changes, or if they don’t and I’m too much of a p… —I’m not gonna finish that last word :sweat_smile::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Why don’t you just ask. All friendships start somewhere. He’d be a jerk to reject you rudely.

1 Like

I shouldn’t be talking tho, bc I am too chicken to text a guy I have a tiny crush on :joy:

1 Like

I’m 26 but I remember being 16 and having a crush, I’d like to say I was never helpless but I probably just blocked that out. It’s empowering, waking up and deciding you’re going to tell someone how you feel, even if it’s just “I like you and I wanna get to know you.”. It doesn’t have to be dramatic or embarrassing, stay calm, breath, get it out and the rest is out of your control. Either he wants to get to know you too or he doesn’t and it’s over. It might completely crush your spirit for a minute but it’s all good after, there are always more boys and the next time you like someone it will be easier.

1 Like

And this is why they call it a crush :joy:

but seriously this has been super helpful u shud start a guide for all things relationship needed like advice, tips, important facts, with someone empowering as you I bet it would really make a difference to people like me! :heart:

1 Like

just talk to yourself in a mirror for pratice, pratice makes perfect
go to a mirror, and act like your talking to your crush
then once your ready, tell him your feelings
if he doesnt like you, i can set you up with chad

1 Like

OMG for get my crush, chad is f**king sexy! :heart_eyes::hot_face: like BRUH, that’s the sexiest rock I have ever seen (I can’t believe I just called a rock sexy, this is really what my life has come too)

3 Likes

ikr lmao, i mean, it could be worse :joy:

1 Like