It' Coming Out Day?! :prideheart: :prideflag:

Well damn, this is my first time learning about Coming Out Day! Well, I wonder if I should come out to my mom today or wait until my birthday. But to those who are planning on coming out, I wish you good luck and make sure you come out when you are ready, feel safe, and comfortable. :prideheart: :prideflag:

18 Likes

I need help since I want to come out to my mom, that I’m Aro/Ace, and yes I am also Christian. And yes, there are a few Christians out there who are a part of the LGBTQ+ Community. Good gawd, what would be a good idea to do this.

3 Likes

Happy Coming Out Day!!! I am not part of the LGBTQ+community, but I am a huge supporter!!

2 Likes

As someone who is Mormon/part of the Latter Day Saints (another form of christianity) I’d start explaining how you feel about love/sex. (Since you’re Aro/Ace)
Then explain what Aromantic and Asexual is and go from there.

DO NOT FORCE IT. It should come naturally to you. :smiley:
Congrats, you’re such a valid and beautiful human being<3

2 Likes

Although I am not a member of the LGBTQ+ community (I’m straight) I am a supporter.

2 Likes

Thank you. Because I asked her how she felt towards the LGBTQ+ community, and she said she supports it and she never judges. So that made me felt happy, and I know that when the time comes. God spare life, I will tell her on a day that I would be comfortable to come out. :coffee:

3 Likes

@AngelWings1983 and @Jae27 that’s awesome, and it’s really amazing to have supporters tbh. :hugs: :fire: :blush:

2 Likes

So proud of you !!

1 Like

2 Likes

Happy Coming Out Day, and congrats on figuring out that part of who you are! :heart: If you need any help explaining it or figuring out how to bring it up, this clip from a show might help.

I came out to my mom as asexual awhile before I saw it, but showing her that really helped her understand better. It doesn’t cover being aromantic as well, but you can absolutely explain it’s the same feeling for romance too.

1 Like

i’m bisexual and i’m not quite sure how my family feels abt lgbtq+ i think my dad supports but i’ve heard my mom call the people weird, and say that they’re just confused. but then she was talking abt how my sister is lesbian and that she supports her, i have no idea her feelings towards it. she’s really giving mix signals :confused:

2 Likes

Thanks, I wanted to see how others felt, like my friends and other family members by asking them a survey but I didn’t mention my sexuality. So, now I know who supports and who does not.

I think this is a perfect video to show my mom.

1 Like

Happy Coming Out Day :heartpulse: :rainbow_flag:
3 years ago, I came out to my mom on this special day! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thank you. :blush:

1 Like

That’s awesome! :prideflag: :prideheart: :tada: :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Yeah, and I want to come out today lol, because based on her response, she’s my mother, and she’s very supportive, and I know it would be a good try. I know other haven’t really had a good reaction towards their mothers, so yeah everyone is different, and their experience is different.

Oh wow.

I support people who LGBTQ+ Community. I’m bisexual I told my mother a long time ago. When I was like 18 year old. But she said I’m crazy. But she just never understand the LGBTQ+ Community. My older sister support me and the LGBTQ+ Community also her finance does to support LGBTQ+ Community. I have been bisexual since when I was 13 years old. Now I’m 24 years old. Love is love :heart::rainbow::rainbow_flag: I never got the time to tell my father about my sexuality but I do hope he support me from heaven. :slightly_smiling_face::sob::rainbow_flag:

5 Likes