It's Not Working

What might be wrong with this because it won’t go to what I am telling it to go to.

INT. COLLEGE BATHROOM - DAY

@OPHELIA changes into OPHELIA_default

@CAMERON changes into CAMERON_default

&CAMERON spot 0.741 157 221 in zone 2 AND OPHELIA spot 0.675 145 224 in zone 2 AND OPHELIA starts dance_slow AND CAMERON starts dance_slow_rear AND OPHELIA faces left AND cut to zone 2

@pause for 3

@transition fade out white

NARRATOR (OPHELIA)

No matter where we are.
I never wanted to lose him, not now, not ever.
Not again.
choice “Tell Him You Love Him” {

OPHELIA 

I love you.

CAMERON 

I love you too.
@ROMANCE +1

} “Kiss Him” {

@zoom on 435 302 to 465% in 0

@transition fade out red

&CAMERON spot 0.741 104 203 AND OPHELIA spot 0.691 148 228 THEN OPHELIA is kiss_passionate_loop AND CAMERON is kiss_passionate_loop_rear

@ROMANCE +3

}

@OPHELIA is blush AND CAMERON is rear AND CAMERON spot 0.741 100 206

@zoom on 416 221 to 241% in 0

if (ROMANCE=3) {

CAMERON

Let’s take you home, yeah.
I mean, if you like, you can stay around mine.
choice “Stay Around Cam’s” {

NARRATOR

You earned this choice due to your points.
Keep it up!
} “Stay At Home” {

}

} elif (ROMANCE<3) {

CAMERON

Let’s go home, yeah.
I mean, if you like, you can stay around mine.
choice “Stay Around Cam’s” {

NARRATOR

This choice is locked.
Gain more points so you don’t miss out again.
} “Stay At Home” {

}

@pause for a beat

}

No errors it just won’t do the if (BLANK) {

blah blah blah

} elif (BLANK) {

blah blah blah

}

You can’t put ‘AND cut to zone 2’. It has to be at the start of the line or on a separate one, so you could put:
@cut to zone 2 AND CAMERON spot …
or
&CAMERON spot 0.741 157 221 in zone 2 AND OPHELIA spot 0.675 145 224 in zone 2 AND OPHELIA starts dance_slow AND CAMERON starts dance_slow_rear AND OPHELIA faces left

@cut to zone 2

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face: Do you need anymore help?

1 Like

@Eleanor_W-15
It works fine, the issue is, let’s say if you don’t have 3 points, it won’t go to where you don’t have 3 points. I don’t know if this is a preview thing so if you’re up for it I can share you the link on PM

I would love to help you, but to be honest I don’t know much about the point system and I’m only just learning that kind of stuff :sweat_smile: I don’t want to mess up your story by not knowing, but maybe someone more experienced can help? @Dara.Amarie might have a thread about this and I don’t know if it will help, but she has a post here about if/elif/else commands or maybe this post about the points system. Hope her threads can help you :blush:

1 Like

Make sure that you’re resetting story progress if you’re testing your story through the app, or refreshing the page if you’re using the web previewer. If you just keep replaying through that part without resetting/refreshing then you’ll keep accumulating those points.