I've got a problem

So basically I’m doing a pannable minigame for my story. And I use tappable overlays for that minigame. And the label where it takes the reader to the next scene doesn’t work and the mini game just moves into a loop. and I contacted Episode about it, and they said it’s not supported so can someone tell me how I’m going to let my minigame work on the portal else I’m going to go insane

1 Like

I’d edit this and put it in the “directing help/tips” category so that more coders will see it. :slight_smile:
I honestly have no idea how to fix it but people who check out that category will certainly be able to help :slight_smile:

Good luck!

if it is moving in a loop then it’s something in coding girly.

I think maybe u used labels… wrong?
or if u r saying that the end label isn’t working
maybe u r typing the wrong goto?
like… misspelling the label?

I checked and rechecked but nothing was wrong with the coding. It’s giving me a headache.

1 Like

thanks.

I wish I could be more help, I’m just not that advanced with coding. Maybe if you SS the code section that’s showing the error (or copy/paste it here) someone may see something that your eyes missed. :slight_smile: Sometimes you’re focusing so hard that you miss a missing } lol.

Check that none of your tapable overlays are overlapping (that includes the invisible part of the overlay).

1 Like

I don’t think… she is talking about looping overlays.

Her mini game is looping again and again.
(Lol, I don’t think anyone will add looping overlays in a mini-game😗)

Overlapping, as in one on top of the other. That would mean only one overlay would be tappable and the other would never work.

no it’s looping over and over again

We’d have to see your code to help any further.

As far as I can tell, unless you pick the correct bag the first time, you’d never be able to get out of that loop.

I’d ditch the whole plus / minus for HELLO and change the ‘goto BAG’ when you select the correct bag to ‘goto TINUE’.

If I’m reading this right, you have indeed created this into a wonderful loop that will never end, as the points will keep adding up the same way no matter how many times you try. So try changing up your coding. So for instance:

label choose_bag
NARR
Which bag?
choice
“Jbag”{
if (JBAG){
NARR
I’ve already got Jbag
goto choose_bag
}else{
gain JBAG
}
NARR
incorrect
@HELLO -1
goto choose_bag
}”Kbag”{
if (KBAG){
NARR
I’ve already got Kbag
goto choose_bag
}else{
gain KBAG
}
NARR
Incorrect
@HELLO -1
goto choose_bag
}”Mbag”{
gain MBAG
NARR
Correct
@HELLO +3
}
if (HELLO<1){
goto choose_bag
}else (HELLO>1{
goto TINUE
}

Hope that helps?

It keeps saying error at the else part.

You need to use the greater than sign >
And lesser than sign <
not the equal sign = because if the player chose the two wrong answers first they would only have 1 point remaining after getting the correct answer. Whereas if they choose the correct answer first they could have all 3 points, so there is no way to guarantee that they will have exactly 3 points, so the equal sign won’t work

3 Likes

I didn’t put elif that’s why it was going into a loop, thanks for the help

1 Like

@Sydney_H close this thread

1 Like

Closed by OP request :smiley: