JemU776's Help Thread

All you need to write is this:

NARR
What’s your name?

input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (NAME)

NARR
Moving on…

Make sure the character’s display name is the same name you use for when u name a character by using the code

1 Like

Thank you so much!

do you happen to have a full ink customisation template at all?

So I want to have a car drive into a scene and have the window sorta roll down like seen in the story Framed. Can anyone please help me with this??? I have no clue how to do this. And if you can do it I’ll message you what I want the scene to look like.

Thank you!

You can use a car and window overlay for this :smiley:

Here’s a guide on overlays: A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS
And layers: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

Check out this:

They provide you with writing prompts and according to their bio “A page dedicated to prompts to inspire you. Feel free to share a story, poem, witty remark or prompt in the comments”

So hopefully you’ll feel inspired to write after checking some of these out (plus the epic comments lol) YOU can do it OK XOXO :kiss:

1 Like

Already posted this but just a reminder about how to put good choices in your story:

U can do it :partying_face:

4 Likes

Bump

bump

1 Like

Is it possible to put a choice within a choice?

Yes :rose:

Example:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

hi. im trying to do a loading thing where it rotates and has its opacity on 1 and 0 but i get an error

&overlay LOADING rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1.5 and overlay LOADING opacity 0 in 1 THEN overlay LOADING rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 and overlay LOADING opacity 1 in 1 loop INFINITE times

&overlay LOADING rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1.5 and overlay LOADING opacity 0 in 1 THEN overlay LOADING rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5
&overlay LOADING opacity 1 in 1 loop INFINITE times

it rotated and disappeared in opacity but didnt come back and stopped rotating after some seconds,

i also tried using the same (old) code for something else, but the overlay seems to disappear somewhere else

&overlay LOADING shifts to 162 435
@overlay LOADING opacity 1 in .3
&overlay LOADING shifts to 162 435 in zone 2
&overlay LOADING rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1.5 THEN overlay LOADING rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 loop INFINITE times

OK so if u want it to rotate and have the opacity change as well, code is:

&overlay LOADING rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1.5 THEN overlay LOADING rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 loop INFINITE times
&overlay LOADING opacity 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay LOADING opacity 1 in 1.5 loop INFINITE times

@Januva :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

Oops accidentally responded to myself :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

hi again :sweat_smile:

im trying to do something where u can scroll the screen, tap on an object and see its information, then go back to scrolling the screen and being able to press other objecets. then once ure done, ud press a button and itd take u back to the storyline. got any idea how?

INT. ROBOTS with SELF VACCUM to 1.0 76 264 with CHECK to .496 223 51 in zone 3 with SCANNER to 1 10 270 in zone 3 with CLEANER to 1 59 269 in zone 2
&zoom on 247 303 to 130% in 0
@transition fade in white 2
readerMessage Scroll to look at the robots.
readerMessage Tap on them for more info
readerMessage Tap the check button once you’re done!

label robots
tappable [pan:1:3:hor]
“SELF VACCUM” {

NARR (MC)
This is a newly made self-vacuum cleaner.
It's wired to detect any type of dirt on the floor and clean it up.
It took 6 months to make.

goto robots
}
“SCANNER” {

NARR (MC)
This is what I call the 'copy and paste scanner'.
It allows you to scan and print any image it detects, all with the push of a button!
This one's my favourite.

goto robots

}
“CLEANER” {
NARR (MC)
This is a sanitising wand.
It is used to clean porous as well as non-porous surfaces.
Now you can clean your carpet with no worries!
goto robots
} “CHECK”{
@transition fade out white 1
continue
}

Hmm, the code seems fine, can’t test on mobile because chargers busted :roll_eyes: However it seems perfect, perhaps add a @pause for 0.7 before goto robots, so:

@pause for 0.7
goto robots

for each of the three options.

But other than, on the portal, works pretty smooth :+1: