JemU776's Help Thread

thank you

1 Like

If anyone needs a plain white background for 1 panel, it’s 630 (width) X 1136 (height), here u go:

for 2 panels, 1280 (width) x 1136 (height):

for 3 panels, 1920 (width) x 1136 (height):

Credit = no credit required since it’s just white backgrounds and very easy to make ^^

1 Like

Hello. I have a problem with overlays and the opacity of overlays. Why is it that sometimes when I use the command: @overlay x opacity 0, it looks super weird and bright. It’s mostly a problem I get, when I make my own PNG’s, that originally were backgrounds. So they ARE overlays, but it seems like they do not work as other overlays would.
Another problem I have, is that sometimes, when I place my overlays (and yes I have written the placement down in my script), it sometimes when I preview it, doesn’t show up where it should be.
I find these two issues a bit absurd, because I truly can’t see what I’ve done incorrectly. Hope they make sense, and that you can help.
Have a good day:)

Make sure it’s in the correct zone and sadly, there’s this weird glitch in which how something looks on the portal looks so different from mobile :sob:

Hmm, that’s weird, can u show the code for this? :thinking:

In this case, I’ve used the @overlay LARGE COVER - OL opacity 0 in 0 command, yet the overlay is at opacity 1, when I preview it? I’ll show you a screenshot of the opacity 0.5 problem a bit later.

OK, so the black backgrounds provided by episode has some problems sometimes when it comes to overlays. First of all, I encourage u to upload your own black background.

Here is a 1920 (width) x 1136 (height), 3 zones black background you can upload:

No credit required, feel free to call it EXT. ALL BLACK BACKGROUND (I will use it in the example below). How to resize images link here: HOW TO: Resize Images :revolving_hearts:

Example:

EXT. ALL BLACK BACKGROUND with LARGE COVER – OL to 0.014 28 121 in zone 1 at layer 2 with TO – TEXT to 0.011 94 161 in zone 1 at layer 3 with BE – TEXT to 0.011 170 159 in zone 1 at layer 4 with CONTINUED – TEXT to 0.014 24 149 in zone 1 at layer 5

&zoom reset

&reset hsl in 0

&overlay LARGE COVER – OL opacity 0 in 0

&overlay TO – TEXT opacity 0 in 0

&overlay BE – TEXT opacity 0 in 0

&overlay CONTINUED – TEXT opacity 0 in 0

music shortmusic_clangingmetal

volume music 50 8000

@transition fade in 3

@pause for a beat

&speechbubble is 165 294 to 100%

label QandA

NARR

Do you have any questions?

Ah okay, thank you so much. I’ll be sending a screenshot of the whole opacity 0.5 thing, once I get my computer.

Alright, so the overlays are in the right placement now, but the opacity thing doesn’t work. It’s at opacity 1 all the way through, even though I’ve used a command for it to be at opacity 0 and 0.5.

As you can in the preview section, the background is very bright and weird looking. I used the command: @overlay MANSION LOUNGE - PNG opacity 0, so it should be completely invisible, but it isn’t.

Hmm, OK it should work. Try playing it again from the top, don’t forget to put the opacity back to 0 after you show them and before u go back to the label QandA unless you’re moving onto another scene; test it on the app as well :thinking:

I just previewed it on my phone, and it works there. Thank you so much👍🏼

Glad to hear :sunglasses:

Hey again! I have a problem, because the “shush” animation occurs once the double character appears visibly on the screen, not when she’s off screen, even though I directed it to occur while she was off screen, so she could have that awkward look at the ending of the animation. Hope it makes sense. What’s wrong with my script?
qwer57|230x500

Make sure you don’t click too fast and give the animation time to finish.

Can read more here: HOW TO: Get The End of An Animation

I did give it time to finish.

OK so on line 1669 where it says @ALVA DOUBLE becomes ALVA, erase that and put it on line 1656 instead, under @ALVA DOUBLE changes into ALVA_nude

I am having trouble with the transition.
I have a background , it odes the transition then it shows the same background again and then the background changes.

@transition fade out 2.0

1 Like

I’m stuck… What is wrong here?

The person (Absinthe) moves faster than the car overlay…