JemU776's Help Thread

ok thanks

Bump :blob_hearts:

Mirror reflection bathroom scene I coded in July 2019 (feels like ages ago, ignore any sloppiness present, it was coded fast lol :joy: )

A pretty decent reflection scene if I must say so myself haha :lol:

If you need help making your own bathroom mirror scene, this guide will help you out: 🤍 CODES: Bathroom Mirror Reflection Scene 💜 :bathtub: :yellow_heart:

Hey Jem I had a question about a code:
INT. BACKGROUND NAME - DAY with OVERLAYNAME in zone # with OVERLAYNAME to % x y in zone # with OVERLAYNAME at layer #

When I use this code it says it needs the scale to but I don’t know where it goes?

I bolded the % since it is the scale. When you scale and shift your overlay you will see two codes (here I’m using symbols, they can represent any number):

@overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to X Y
@overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to % %

Of course, X Y and % have to be numbers so if you see something like:

@overlay CAT shifts to 0 0
@overlay CAT scales to 1.000 1.000

The % = 1.000 X = 0 , Y = 0

So if you are given this:

INT. BACKGROUND NAME - DAY with OVERLAYNAME in zone # with OVERLAYNAME to % x y in zone # with OVERLAYNAME at layer #

You sub in the numbers (scale number only goes once despite it showing twice if you add overlay to background name):

INT. BACKGROUND NAME - DAY with OVERLAYNAME1 in zone 2 with OVERLAYNAME2 to 1.000 0 0 in zone 2 with OVERLAYNAME3 at layer 4

Color coding it:

@overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to X Y
@overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to % %

=

@overlay CAT shifts to 0 0
@overlay CAT scales to 1.000 1.000

The % = 1.000 X = 0 , Y = 0

INT. FARMHOUSE with DOG in zone 2 with CAT to 1.000 0 0 in zone 2 with GOAT at layer 4

Bump :sparkles:

Bump :sparkling_heart:

Bump :two_hearts:

Bump :gift:

Bump :lollipop:

I’m always here for you :muscle: :blob_hearts:

Cost of helping: free :lol:

1 Like

Hi! I keep getting this weird flash thingy when I test my story, and I’m not sure what’s wrong. Can you help me fix it? :sweat_smile:

The background is EXT. SOCCER FIELD - DAY. I uploaded it as an overlay and shifted it so I can use the other end of the BG, since you can only pan/cut to 5 zones and the entire BG is like 10 zones.

Here’s a video:

And here’s the code:

CHILDMALEMC
    (Remember what Dad told you.)
    (| italic | "Keep your ankle locked, toe down, and use your laces.")

@pause for .5
@zoom on 1330 40 to 430% in .5

&remove CHILDMALEMC AND overlay SFTS MMC LEG 01 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay SFTS MMC LEG 01 rotates -45 anchor point 1 1 in .5
@pause for .5
&overlay SOCCER BALL shifts to 150 160 in zone 5 in 0.3
&overlay SOCCER BALL rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0.3 THEN overlay SOCCER BALL rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0 loop 5 times

@pause for .5 

&overlay SOCCER FIELD shifts to -1630 0 in zone 1 in 0 AND overlay SFTS MMC LEG 01 clear AND overlay SOCCER BALL clear AND overlay SOCCER FIELD GOAL RIGHT opacity 1 in 0 AND zoom reset

Thanks! :heart:

Hello @talesbyrose when testing on your app, you are getting the flash from the SOCCER FIELD overlay shifting correct? May you show me the original coordinates for it before it is moved? If possible, you can send me the overlay through a PM and I can test it shifting from one position to the next :+1:

1 Like

Sharing a link of my script templates and help threads here: :heart: Jem’s Google Drive of Script Templates :heart: - Creator’s Corner / Directing Help & Tips - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

Feel free to view it when you got the time :revolving_hearts:

Bump :heart:

I could use some help. I have a scene where my character is running (in place bc I’m using a looping bg) and then they fall. I am zoomed in on their face while they are running and I’m trying to make it so that the zoom follows them to the ground during the run_fall animation but so far I have been unable to get it to work between the timing and the placement of his face on the screen. If you could help that would be great!

What I’ve tried:
EXT. GREEK GAMES TRACK LOOPING - DAY
@zoom on 0 469 to 328% in 0
@MC spot 1.034 41 188 AND MC is run_athletic_neutral_offset_loop
@MC is react_mortified
NARR
Spot.
&MC faces right
&pause for .3 THEN zoom on MC to 405% in 1
@MC spot 1.034 9 191 AND MC is run_fall

and
@zoom on 4 451 to 405% in .6 THEN zoom on 320 114 to 405% in 1

You get the idea. Everything I’ve tried has been coming out with the same result, and part of it I think is because his face moves positions so much (on the x axis) when he falls, and partially because different parts of the animation have him falling faster than others.
Thanks in advance!

Hey, I will ofc help out :yay: BTW Just want to add on, always add a direction they’re facing just in case:

Can try this code:

&pause for .3 THEN zoom on MC to 405% in 0.5 then zoom on 320 111 to 460% in 0.4

Let me know how it goes, if it’s still a little off or something, let me know and I’ll do trial and error coding for it tomorrow after work :+1: should get to sleep, it’s almost 12:30 am and I need to get up at 4:45 am :laughing:

1 Like

Okay thank you so much I will try this as soon as I get home!!

1 Like

So I tried that and it was REALLY close, and so I decided to play around with it a little and ended up with this:
&pause for .8 THEN zoom on 240 320 to 328% in .25 THEN zoom on 320 111 to 328% in 0.25
(the first zoom is the equivalent of zoom on MC to 328%)
and this seems to have worked! I really appreciate the help, I definitely couldn’t have gotten to the solution without it! :smiley:

1 Like

Bump :blob_sun:

I just had my midterms and I’m srsly burned out :rofl: But it’s reading week now so I got some free time on my hands, feel free to ask me a directing question here on my thread or PM me :+1: