JemU776's Help Thread

Thank you ur a life saver

Do u want me to credit you in my story?

1 Like

Nah, I’m good, you don’t have to, I just like helping :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

So I need help with zooming, So basically I want the zoom to be focused at her boots, like when she enters into the scene and walks to a spot, I want the zoom to follow to that spot but I want to zoom to be only focused at her boots. How do I do that

First place her at the spot where she enters and zoom down to her boots. Then place her at the spot she exits and zoom down to her boots. Note those coordinates as well.

So if she’s coming in from screen left, first place her screen left and zoom in on her boots. Then place her at screen right, where she exits, then zoom down.

So ex:

&zoom on X Y to #% in 0
&CHAR spot 1.280 90 0 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND CHAR faces right

&CHAR walks to spot 1.280 400 0 in zone 1 in 3
@zoom on X Y to #% in 3

Replace X Y with numbers and 3 is the time in seconds. # is a number. X is left to right direction (can just change that) while Y, second number is up-down

(lower numbers left, down)
(higher numbers up, right)

This is assuming 1 zone. More than 1 zone: 🌹 HOW TO: Pan + Zoom at the same time + Extra Material 🌹

If you still need help:

1 ) tell me how many zones she is walking across (I’m assuming static BG as opposed to looping)
2) what boots she is wearing
3 ) what walking/running animation are you using (limelight correct)
4) From what spot she is coming from and walking to (spot coordinates)

1 Like

Thank you very much, it worked
:slight_smile:

hi! i tried to use an overlay (one that was previously included in my script) and it won’t show up for some reason? the first time I did it, it worked fine so I’m not sure what to do. thanks in advance for any help you can provide!:yellow_heart:

May you show a ss of your script?

yeah, and sorry about the placement of the overlay/the script. i’m still working on it, and i just copied and pasted the overlay part from when i first used it seeing if it would work with the same set up💛

(BACKPACK - BLACK is the overlay that won’t show up)

On line 960, should say:

@overlay BACKPACK - BLACK create

1 Like

it still doesn’t show up?

Which zone are you in? Make sure you’re in the correct zone (zone 1, zone 2, etc.) I see you have the character BEA in zone 1 but your overlay in zone 2. Also make sure it’s spelled right and all your coordinate numbers are right. And make sure you do not use any of Episode’s BLACK backgrounds as they create problems for overlays.

1 Like

ah, sorry. i just deleted that part!

but yeah, it’s zone two and i tried to zoom out to see if it shows up but it didn’t. and when i moved the characters out of the way, it still wasn’t there🤷🏻‍♀️

and the only error that pops up on the left just says that an overlay is still in review

never mind, it’s all good now. idk what changed, but i see it!:yellow_heart:

On line 971, should write:

@pan to zone 2

NARR
Pause.

And then see if you can view it. From there, if you go to Spot Directing, and to overlays, you can also move it around.

Are you planning for that specific overlay to show up in the next background INT. CLASSROOM FRONT OL - DAY (line 976), so the next scene that comes? If yes, once you enter into a new background, all previous overlays get cleared whether you removed them or not so you’d re-write it again under the new background.

You can also add it to background name like:

INT. CLASSROOM FRONT OL - DAY with BACKPACK - BLACK in zone 2 at layer 7

@zoom reset

@cut to zone 2

NARR
Pause.

Then you would move it your desired coordinates and enter it into the code like this (ex.):

INT. CLASSROOM FRONT OL - DAY with BACKPACK - BLACK to 1.422 -54 33 in zone 2 at layer 7

1 Like

okay, thank you sm! have a nice day🥰

1 Like

Thought I’d remind anyone if they ever need help with a CC template, whether that’s creating one or using an existing one and cutting out features, I’m always down to help with that, I’m here for you :100:

1 Like

Hello guys so I’m closing doing this. I don’t have enough time since school has started and my part time job is physically demanding, leaving me tired. Super exhausted :yawning_face: I’ll log in sometimes to just browse and when I have free time, to help out. This week I’m trying to get most things done lol and my mind is literally under so much stress. I’ll officially be available fully some time after April, maybe? IDK, I’ll see. Too early to fully plan out these next few months. Anything as of Jan 24 will get done. Good day/night :two_hearts: - Love JemU776 :heart:

1 Like

Another update: If you want to contact on IG about directing questions, please do so at warrior.gem After 24 hours I’m logging out of my main jem776x which might be a really long time lol so I’ll be on warrior.gem only :two_hearts:

2 Likes

sorry to bother u :sweat_smile:

I didn’t quite understand… so are you moving to IG?

No no, I’m still active on forums and have this thread open :joy: I’m just temp. Moving over IG :yay: My main account is still my main even if I’ll be unactive on it for some (or a long) time, depends. The current account is just a fresh start for me, I adore the low activity it gets, the quiet is so nice :chef: :nerd_face:

1 Like

aww sorry :sweat_smile:

thank you for clarifying :heart:

1 Like