JemU776's Help Thread

Thank you for the guide, it helped :slight_smile:

Glad to hear :sparkling_heart:

I tried the Episode Life template but my camera just laughed at me. :pensive:

1 Like

Hi! Quick question,

I’m not good at rotating overlays but I placed the overlay in the scene and then used the rotating loop command and the Overlay is not rotating where I have placed it.

Here is my script:
@overlay LOADING 2 create
@overlay LOADING 2 shifts to 62 285 in zone 2
@overlay LOADING 2 scales to 0.560 0.560
@overlay LOADING 2 opacity 1

@pause for 1

@zoom reset

&overlay LOADING 2 rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1.5 loop 10 times

I do this and It doesn’t rotate over the blonde guys face in the picture - This is about where it is placed originally.

It now rotates away from the space - Why is this?

web%20player

1 Like

Did everything get solved or do you still need help? :smile:

1 Like

It’s solved! It was just a glitch in the portal :wink:

What the commands for standing in a certain position would be in terms of spot directing:

@YOU stands screen right = @YOU spot 1.280 270 0

@YOU stands screen center = @YOU spot 1.280 160 0

@YOU stands screen left = @YOU spot 1.280 50 0

Hope this helps ^^

3 Likes

I’m trying writing in cinematic format (full-display) for the first time with zooms and pans and cuts and all that fancy stuff, but I seem to have run into an error.

NARRATOR
It is the hometown of a prestigious, wealthy family, the [SURNAME] family.
@zoom on 437 95 to 178% in 2
@transition fade out black 1.5
INT. PENTHOUSE
&YOU is idle_sit_sad_loop
&YOU faces left
&YOU spot 0.680 143 222
@zoom reset
@transition fade in black 1.5

That’s my code. What I want is for YOU to be sitting on the sofa, facing left, in idle_sit_sad_loop, whilst a character called EVELINA will be sitting across from her on the same sofa (it’s an L shaped sofa). However, when I run this on the app, YOU is stuck in zone 1 whilst the camera pans to zone 2, and YOU is just in idle, not idle_sit_sad_loop. What am I doing wrong here?

eekkss helpsbsad

i#m trying to get the idle overlay to replace the hold overlay once it gets to its final position. (then the idle will be in hold’s position as that one disappoears) however the idle overlay won’t show up.

What’s the code saying? :thinking:

For this:

INT. PENTHOUSE
&YOU spot 0.680 143 222 in zone 2 AND YOU faces left AND YOU is idle_sit_sad_loop
@zoom reset
@transition fade in black 1.5

And then you can pan to zone 2 by writing @pan to zone 2 or @pan to zone 2 in S, where S is a number, in seconds (0-infinity) (You’d replace S with a number)

Examples:

@pan to zone 2 in 2
-this means the camera will pan to zone 2 in 2 seconds

@pan to zone 2 in 1.7
-this means the camera will pan to zone 2 in 1.7 seconds.

…and so forth.

I fixed it, nvm lol sorry

hi i was wondering of you know how to create touchable overlays for stories?

1 Like

thx also could you tell me how to rotate overlays please

can you help me add tattoos and freckles for customization templates

On freckles, read this:

In regards to tattoos, you can upload them as an overlay from sites in the public domain and from people on episode or you can use tattoos available in the clothing section when it comes to characters. In the search bar, where it says search for clothing, type in “tattoo” and you should be able to find a bunch.

Hi, yeah, sure, sometimes it can also depend on how your image was uploaded.

If it helps, you can go through this thread:

If you’re still stuck, you can PM me and I will try my best at helping you out ^^

2 Likes

I have some coding tips on my Instagram page as well, @episode.mavis, in case anyone is interested. :slight_smile:

1 Like