Jewish People Representation in Episode (Repost of Mehasels' Post)

No one will come at you at all! Because what you said is more than true :point_up:t4:.

4 Likes

yeah, a lot of people don’t know them, and I don’t know any so that is true.

1 Like

I have to applaud on that! :clap:t3:

1 Like

:joy: :laughing: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

shes right, very right about that. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It isn’t about liking or disliking as much. It is more like, indifference, but if a culture doesn’t interest you, it doesn’t. When you try researching something you are indifferent about or don’t care about, it becomes a chore instead of fun and writing should be fun!

I don’t think anyone should research about cultures if they don’t wanna ^^ Because there’s plenty of types of people I don’t want to research into that I’m not interested in, and THOSE people shouldn’t expect anything from anybody. However, providing some help like our threads that we do sometimes for those that do want to look more into it, it’s all very nice and helpful ^^

In my thread, I would never be like “Y’all need to REPRESENT the Jewish people! You HAVE TO! Get OVER yourself THEY EXIST!” Ya know? Just like…here’s some stuff, do with it what you will. X’D

4 Likes

From what she said, that’s exactly my point by saying what I did.

1 Like

oh yes! lol

1 Like

Well said, @NelidaU :sunglasses: :smirk: :fist:t4: !! Tell them.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reassurance. Anyways about 2 years ago we did the unit on the Hebrews. I was actually very fascinated from the story to the creation of the Ten commandments . Especially when Moses was chosen.

Hope I got all of that right. :sweat_smile: It honestly wasn’t that boring and quite informational.

5 Likes

Oh, it is nothing, girl :grin:. Not I or anyone else can help it when what’s right is right. No arguements. Period.

2 Likes

Pretty surprised, huh? :joy: :wink:

1 Like

I hope you do not mind that I added some things.
Well, when I was doing the repost, I thought “it must be told again until people here will understand how we feel and understand the importance of representing Jewish people in stories. After all, nothing seems to be changed”.

2 Likes

^^Excatly this. (side note, I’ve been typing forever so sorry if I’m repeating something)

Adding on, I think a lot of the stories we write are reflections of our own experiences and perspectives.

I think if an author doesn’t know a lot of people from a specific demographic, or lives in a particular region or area, there’s a chance that there won’t be a whole lot representation other than what they know.

Chances are, they aren’t even thinking about it because it’s something never really had to think about. I don’t think it’s always out of malice, but it just one of those things that we have to start learning about, ya know?

The best example I can think of to support my theory is the show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. I’ve noticed they get a lot of praise for their “diverse” cast and deep understanding of Filipino culture. In an interview with Bustle, one of the showrunners said that it wasn’t really about making the show “diverse” but portraying the setting and the characters realistically, specifically, true to their experience in the town West Covina, where the show is set. The showrunners spent a lot of time in that town, getting a feel for what it was like to live there, what the demographics were, and what the people were like.

Now, nobody has to do that much of a deep dive, but I think it would behoove everyone to do some basic research about Jewish culture, if they don’t know much about it, but want to include Jewish characters. Talk to people on the forums. Talk to people you know. Read books about Judaism.

Nobody is going to do it perfectly, but it’s better to at least try than not try at all. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

And this is why you’re one of the best people one the whole forums!

2 Likes

Yeah. Instead of sitting by side and crying, we should only take actions - so it will do it.
It may be off topic, but I wish people here would have represented Ethiopians (that’s my opinion as one). But, big time, I do not see that something was changed about this issue, and when I have seen your (original) post, then I felt like somebody understands me (regardless of your being Jewish as well), at same time, I felt that it should be said again.
It is important to me that especially Jewish people here who feels the same way will make their voice be heard.
By the way, I love you too, @Mehasels :blush:. I really think that you are one of the best people on here.

2 Likes

Which one? Im lost…

1 Like

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Also, just real quick, cherries and wine totes meant everything she said 100% ^^ It’s all true! <3

6 Likes

wait, I see it now, don’t answer that lol @Mehasels :grin:

2 Likes

All the words that those people said (which you qouted below) are very true.

Well, I could not agree more. I do not understand those people: why to hate a person just because he\she is not belonging to the same religion as yours. :triumph: . And I believe we, the Jews are not the only ones who are being hated by people due to our belonging to a different religion (unfortunately)

3 Likes