Jewish stories?

Hi, I’m jewish and I haven’t really seen any stories with jewish representstion (preferably thay focus on jewish characters and dont just brush them off and call it representstion) on episode and I wonder if there are any recommedstions?

7 Likes

Umm… It is not released yet but there is story from a Jewish author being released soon where I believe the MC is Jewish after seeing the star of David round her neck and reading the QandA. I don’t know how much it will focus on her being Jewish but there might be some in it since the author is Jewish themselves so they surely know how to represent themselves. :woman_shrugging: The author is @/kennedychase and you can probably find her insta and find updates on it.

I am sorry if it is not what you are looking for.

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll check it out

(A lot of jews dont even know how to repreeent themselves💀 our state isn’t great rn)

Well, this author has been helping people represent characters of their religion but as always where you grew up and everything else affects the way you embrace your culture. By reading the Q and A it does sound good and they have amazing writing tips so it should be good. But when it is unreleased and I don’t believe they have any past public works to my knowledge you can’t tell. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I wanted to write a semi autobiography about being raised orthodox jewish in a public school and how I learned a lot from my great grandma who survived the holocaust but unfortunately episodes doesn’t allow historical fiction that is needed for this story. Still debating writing the story just have a lot of reworking to do.

1 Like

You should!

1 Like

Josie Jackson’s story; Second Chance, has a Jewish family. But she portrays them just like everyone else if you get me. Their religion is not the centre of the story.

Moved to Promote Your Story since you’re looking for recommendations. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

@TalGordin is a Jewish author and she knows the representation of Jews very well. You could try out her stories and she might even be able to give you some recommendations?

3 Likes

Thanks I wasn’t sure where to post it, also I trird finding the tutorial abd didn’t thanks for linking it!!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

The main character in Bad Cops by Merlin is Jewish so maybe you’ll like that? It doesn’t really talk about it massively but I thought I’d share :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll check it out❤

1 Like

Make Up Your Mind by Bar S. has good Jewish representation (aspects of Jewish culture are actually portrayed in the story). However, it’s not really involved in the progression of the plot, so it may not be what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

I guess keep your eye out the next few weeks. The first two chapters of it are already completed.

1 Like

Disintegration by Shahar has a Jewish MC <3

2 Likes

I will!:heart: mind tagging me if you post about it here when you publish it?

Hey! This story has been released, and it’s called Project Cupid. You can read it here.

I am beta reading this story right now, and it’s cute, thoughtful, and witty. In terms of representation, there are cultural references to the MC’s Jewish heritage. Only 3 episodes have been released so far, so I can’t say how many such references there will be, but I’d really encourage you to check it out. The way the cultural aspects are included reminds me of the other story I recommended (Make Up Your Mind) in that they’re incorporated naturally in the plot.

1 Like

Hello! My name is Shiran and I’m a Jewish author :slight_smile:
In my story, My camp boys, one of the LL is Jewish :smiley: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6517476077666304

Another story I’d recommend is the night we met by Bar, also Jewish author, the MC is Jewish and she celebrates Mimuna

2 Likes