Joyous Reviews (CURRENTLY CLOSED)

JOYOUS REVIEWS (DETAILED, CONSTRUCTIVE)

Since it’s winter break, I have quite a bit of time on my hands. I figured it’d be fun to pass the time reading Episode stories and giving people my honest opinion and constructive criticism! EDIT: It’s not winter break anymore, so it will take me time to read stories and write reviews.

I’ve been writing since I was 11, and while most of my work is admittedly fanfiction, I think I have a good grasp on what makes a fun, engaging story. I’m also working on my first Episode story (details will be found on my Instagram, joyous.episode, in upcoming weeks!). I’ve also been reading stories for a long, long time.

If you are working on a story and want to receive honest, constructive feedback, welcome! A few things before we can get to the form:

1. I’ll read only the first three episodes. Some stories are lengthy, and if a lot of people request a review from me, I don’t want them to wait long! I think three episodes are enough for me to get a good idea of your story.
  2. My reviews are constructive. I won’t be harsh or rude, but I will be honest. If I didn’t enjoy your story for some reason, I will say so. But I’ll also provide suggestions and tips to help you out.
  3. Please be patient. It might take some time for me to get to your story. I ask that you don’t rush me. I want my review to be comprehensive and helpful — that takes time!

That’s about it, for now. Let’s get to the form!

• Story title:
  • Author:
  • Description:
  • Genre: I’ll accept more than one genre
  • Direct or thorough review: I have two review rubrics. One is direct, which focuses on your story’s strengths, weaknesses, and improvements. The other is thorough, which has specific categories for plot, genre, characters, and so on. Check them out below and let me know which type of review you want!
  • How would you like to receive your review? Specify if you want me to post your review in this thread or send it through DM.
  • Anything to add?

Below you’ll find my review rubrics. I’ll likely edit these from time to time, as I figure out what works and what doesn’t.

First up, the rubric for a direct review. In it, I go through your story, going into detail about your story’s strengths, weaknesses, and improvements I feel you can make.

DIRECT REVIEW.
  • First impressions: Here I’ll talk about your title, cover, and description. Whether they drew me in or not, how I think you could improve them, and so forth.
  • Strengths: This review is meant to be constructive, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to be harsh or negative! So, here’s what I really liked about your story. I’ll list your strengths as a story writer here.
  • Weaknesses: These are areas in your writing or story that I felt didn’t quite hit the mark. I’ll go into detail about what I think went wrong, and how.
  • Improvements: In this section, I’ll give some tips and suggestions that I feel will enhance and improve your story. This is constructive criticism, after all!
  • Final thoughts: I’ll tie up my review with a pretty bow here, summing up my thoughts on and impressions of your story.

Last but not least, the rubric for a thorough review. I review your story by looking at components that are necessary to write a good story, such as plot, genre, and characters.

THOROUGH REVIEW.
  • First impressions: Here I’ll talk about your title, cover, and description. Whether they drew me in or not, how I think you could improve them, and so forth.
  • Plot: I’ll look at your plot here. Does it make sense? Does it flow? Do I understand what is happening, and where your plot is going? Do you appear to know where your plot is going?
  • Characters: Here, I’ll look at the main characters, and maybe even side characters. Are they engaging and three-dimensional? Do they have a consistent characterization, or do they just follow the whims of the story? Are we learning more about them throughout the episodes? Does the dialogue bring them to life? Is the story/plot developing them in any way?
  • Choices: Another extremely important category. Do the episodes have frequent choices? Are they varied and different? Do the choices matter or are they ultimately unimportant?
  • Directing: Is the directing dynamic and interesting? Does it enhance the experience? Is it aiding or working against the story? I’m not well-versed in directing, but I’ll do my best to help! I’ll also point out any errors, inconsistencies, or awkward directing.
  • Spelling/Grammar: This can be make or break a story. Even if your plot and characters are unique and interesting, if your spelling/grammar is lacking, readers will go elsewhere. I’ll examine your spelling/grammar, point out errors, and provide tips, if need be.
  • Likes: This review is meant to be constructive, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to be harsh or negative! So, here’s what I really liked about your story. I’ll list your strengths as a story writer here.
  • Suggestions/Tips: I went into depth about your story already, but in this section, I’ll give some tips and suggestions that I feel will enhance and improve your story. This is constructive criticism, after all!

QUEUE

• Eva_Diva1, Living Among The Dead
  • kahotshot, Capture the Moment
  • PrettyEri, Kotton Kandie
  • Lex2, Too Much Baby Mama Drama
  • fcukforcookies, Pine Hollow: Hex of the Three
  • Fatima.s, to the stars & further
  • elawayne, “Once Upon A Time…”
  • gisellec, Blades of Desire
  • Briana_M, Sophisticated & Deceived
  • misfits-n-tantrums, Dancing For My Life
  • Januva, Behind Closed Doors
7 Likes

I would love to!

Genre: Adventure/Fantasy/Comedy (If that makes sense)
Title: Save Me, Hero!
Author: Turtle Cat!
Description: After powerless Hero moves from a town where everyone has superpowers, she gets kidnapped by a group of fugitives who are forcing her to join them. What will she do?
HERE’S THE LINK!
Please send my review through PM. Thanks!
A thorough review as well please if you don’t mind! Thanks so much for your time and I hope you enjoy.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Title: Teacher or Queen?
Author: Mystique
Genre: drama
Description: After years of searching, she had finally found them. Can she get close to them?
Her destiny is about to change forever. What will she choose - who will she become?
Review: throughout via PM
More information: the first three chapters are made to be a bit confusing. So if you feel that way it’s actually on purpose.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5874052041146368

Title: LURKING IN THE SHADOWS
style: INK
genre: Thriller/Horror/Mystery
Episodes Released: 3 (ONGOING)
Description: Carol is haunted by a series of terrifying dreams & cassettes.She strives to find her missing sister but is unaware that her six sense may led to unforeseeable consequences…

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6312894764285952

A thorough review and it’s upto you where ever you send me

Is it possible to request both a Direct and Thorough review?

1 Like

I would be glad :slight_smile:

Story Title: © Tribe of Malapinchi
Author: Jannah Jackson
Description: Toss into a land of the sun, magic, lies and dark secrets in Asia. Can you make sense of the havoc you were tossed into and save everyone before it’s too late? FullCharacterCustomization
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure/Mystery/Thriller/Horror
Type of Review Wanted: Both if it’s possible but if I have to choose, I prefer Thourough review.
Received Review: Via DM/PM
EpisodesPublished: 5/6
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288

Cover still in Review: (One of my new covers… still havent decide haha)

Anything to Add:
My episodes are rather long… 20 mins about there just to give a heads up.

1 Like
  • Story title: Living Among The Dead
  • Author: Eva.T
  • Description: A war between two corrupted cults, a man with a secret and you caught in the storm of love, survival and friendship.
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Direct or thorough review: Thorough please. I’m aiming to better my stories plot and character development. I’m busy revamping it and would like some pointers :sunny:
  • How would you like to receive your review? DM please x
  • Anything to add? Thank you if you review! :sunny:
  • Story title: Capture the Moment
  • Author: Karlon Artis
  • Description: Takoda is a photographer who inspires to become freelance and expand his portfolio. Can he snapshot his way to success?
  • Genre: Comedy
  • Direct or thorough review: Thorough
  • How would you like to receive your review? DM
  • Anything to add? This will likely be a short story.
  • Story title: Kotton Kandie
  • Author: PrettyEri
  • Description: Escaped from a loutish husband, Kandie tries to find a new beginning. But what she didn’t know was that her ex-husband lurks in the trails behind her.
  • Genre: Drama and comedy
  • Direct or thorough review: Thorough
  • How would you like to receive your review? Post in thread.
  • Anything to add Nope

Hey I’d love a review.

Story title: Too Much Baby Mama Drama
Author: Lex
Description: He has baby mama drama and a lot of it! Will you be able to deal with it, or will you find comfort in the arms of someone else?
Genre: Drama
Direct or thorough review: Thorough
How would you like to receive your review: Dm plz
Anything to add: No :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, no. :frowning: Writing a direct and thorough review for one story would take too long. Sorry!

@Turtle_Cat @mystique_writer @MysteryMaker @JannahJackson @Eva_Diva1 @kahotshot @PrettyEri @Lex2 Accepted! I’ll be working on all your reviews over the next few days.

6 Likes

Hey there! I would like to get a thorough review :slight_smile: Honest opinion is highly appreciated.

• Story title: Pine Hollow: Hex of the Three
  • Author: Elzbiet Zaleski
  • Description: As Katarina and her family move to the town of Pine Hollow, they find themselves intertwined in a world of supernatural forces; what secrets will rise to the surface?
  • Genre: Fantasy (main) + drama + romance + mystery
  • Direct or thorough review: thorough
  • How would you like to receive your review? In the thread is good
  • Anything to add? I would love to get your opinion specifically on character development, which is my main concern :slight_smile: Also, if the plot is not confusing.
    Cover
1 Like

Ty! I appreciate it.

1 Like

Hello! I’m still working on the story and I haven’t published it yet. Episode 2 is not done. But I want some feedback so I can tweak stuff before I do publish it.

Hello @Joyous,
I would love to ask for a review🌸

You can Dm me on the forums or on insta (where I have sneekpeeks and would love to show it to you):heart:

Title: to the stars & further
Author: fatima
Genre: romance
Story description: You are sexy, rich, smart and desired by every single man. Mark, the only one who will love you unconditionally. But how strong his love will be in front of your past?

I want it to be direct , any other notes you think of saying are welcomed as I want to make my story one of the best ones :see_no_evil:

Link of story: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4520226729099264
Instagram: @fatima.episode1

Hi :blush:
Title: "Once Upon A Time…"
Author: Manuela M. (manuelam.episode on IG)
Genre: Romance
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5039292318875648
Description: Ella’s a girl who loves having fun with her friends and doesn’t want serious relationships after her ex cheated on her. But what will happen when she finds herself betrothed to the king of the kingdom in which her mother sent her?
Direct or thorough review: Thorough
How would you like to receive your review?: In this thread
:cupid::cupid::cupid:

Cover%20Episode

direct review please!

Title: Blades of Desire

Author: Giselle C.

Genre: Mystery

Style: LL

Small cover:

Blades_of_Desire_posterThumb_9uJpUt9cjd

Large cover:

Blades_of_Desire_posterImage_v2eTQNB0ne

Description:

A rose, caught in the fire. Will you let that fire burn you to ashes, or will you fight to put it out? The choice is yours. |CC, CM, LGBTQ option|

IG; gisellepisode :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@fcukforcookies @Fatima.s @elawayne @gisellec Accepted! I’ll add you all to the queue.

@maya8447 I don’t mind reviewing your story, but could you fill out the form? That way I’ll know if you want a direct or thorough review, and where you want me to post the finished review. :slight_smile:

@Turtle_Cat’s review is finished and sent, so I’m moving down the queue!

QUEUE

• Turtle_Cat, Save Me, Hero!
  • mystiquewriter, Teacher or Queen?
  • MysteryMaker, LURKING IN THE SHADOWS
  • JannahJackson, Tribe of Malapinchi
  • Eva_Diva1, Living Among The Dead
  • kahotshot, Capture the Moment
  • PrettyEri, Kotton Kandie
  • Lex2, Too Much Baby Mama Drama
  • fcukforcookies, Pine Hollow: Hex of the Three
  • Fatima.s, to the stars & further
  • elawayne, “Once Upon A Time…”
  • gisellec, Blades of Desire
3 Likes
  • Story title: Sophisticated & Deceived
  • Author: Briana M.
  • Description: Ashden, a 26 year old young woman learns that life isn’t about being emotionless and too sophisticated. Will a guy help her explore her emotions in life?
  • Genre: Romance
  • Direct or thorough review: Thorough review
  • How would you like to receive your review? Through DM
  • Anything to add? No

Story title: Dancing For My Life
Author: aimee_xox
Description: It’s the opportunity of a lifetime. The stakes are high–and one competition might just bring two strangers closer than they’d ever imagined. (LL/CC)
Genre: Drama/Romance
Direct or thorough review: Thorough please!
How would you like to receive your review?: PM :slight_smile:
Anything to add: Nothing other than thanks so much for doing this <3