Just a bit curious!

Hey guys !
I just want to know what makes people exit a story without reading it completely ?

3 Likes

bad directing.
its boring
Too much narration describing feelings.
info-dumping.
not liking the MC

and worst of all my ADHD there cant conetrade about a story that well :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

bad grammar
bad directing
Longgg author introductions (Ive done this a lot of times In my stories and now I dislike it some much)
Toxic characters

5 Likes

Tbh author introductions in general are red flags for me

3 Likes

they are. author introduction explaining stuff, or saying sorry is a big red flag of a bad story,

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like
  • Poor grammar
  • Too much cliches.
  • Bad directing
  • Less diversity in any way.
2 Likes

As I understand some people are not first-language English speakers, I tend to let a few errors with grammar or spelling go.
Now text language makes me close out stories. I don’t want to read “LOL!” – just use a laugh animation and move on.

Bad directing. I’d rather see a story with basic spotting and a linear story than have “advanced” coding and options, branches that don’t sync or are just badly done.

Cliches became cliches for a reason. They’re entertaining. Now if it’s done badly, I leave.
If you’re going to use a cliche or two-- find a way to make it your own.

1 Like

**Bad Grammar
**Bad directing
**Cliché plots
**Too many gem choices
**Having to wait to read another episode because it’s locked with gem choices (This is the most frustrating gem choice ever)

1 Like

Boring characters

Bad writing, including flat dialogues, bad grammar, and syntax errors that don’t even make sense

Tropes I don’t like

When the author puts zero effort into directing

Authors explaining stuff on a black screen

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.