Just a few questions for authors 📖

I can see that you have a very impressive setting for killing mc and that might make the plot even better.

2 Likes

It depends for me. I haven’t even published my story and I’m super emotionally attached to all of my characters. If the story calls for it, then maybe. :woman_shrugging::eyes:

3 Likes

That’s impressive ! Can I know your story name? I really want to read it :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

It seems your story has a deep and touching content. Can I know your story name ? I really want to read it :two_hearts:

3 Likes

I actually stopped writing it about a month ago to pick up a different story, but when I do come back to it, I’ll let you know :blush: :heart:

3 Likes

It looks like your characters are really special in your story, I can’t wait for the date you publish to read it :blush:

2 Likes

Okayyy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: can’t wait for it !

2 Likes

That’s so nice of you! Thank you! :sob:

1 Like

You’re welcome :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I think the character’s death can be a big part and important to the plot so I totally agree with what you depend. Btw can I know you story name ? I also want to read it :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

It’s not finished yet, but it should be soon! I wanted to have 5 chapters out by Christmas, and currently im writing my LDR story for the contest! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i’m planning on killing the mc’s older sister. I don’t want to buttt it is an extremely important thing for my plot and i feel like her death the readers would acc kinda like. she’s a bitch sooo

Idk how i would cope with the hate comments, i’ve had like 1 or 2 before and ik it can be really unmotivating.

2 Likes

Ooo I’m bored so let’s do thiss

First Question:

Answer:

I might allow the MC to die in the ending, or if it’s a fantasy where it’s possible to have them come back alive, or maybe they weren’t “actually” dead in the first place. I’d also kill characters close to the MC or are important in the story if it’s part of the plot 
 and to my readers of “To Be Powerful”, you saw nothing today
 :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Second Question:

Answer:

First of all, I’d feel grateful for my readers for actually enjoying my story, and allowing my story to become a part of their life. I’d probably say "Thank you so much for loving [CHARACTER NAME] so much, they were truly an amazing character to write. They will be remembered, but don’t be too sad yet, more things are coming your way
 :wink: :wink: "

Also mb for being so extra, I just like to organize when I write stuff lmao

2 Likes

If their death propels the plot or makes way for character development, yes. I don’t think I’d ever be willing to kill my MC off completely, though (there are stories where MCs die and get revived/reincarnated).

I would feel flattered, LOL. It means I’ve done my job right, although I 100% understand their feelings regarding a character you’re attached to getting killed off. I myself hate it when authors kill important characters for shock value and it offers little to no betterment of the plot (why I stopped watching The Walking Dead :roll_eyes:). Back to your question: I’d be nice to them for the most part, I’ll even offer additional closure as the author but if they get too rude then bye.

2 Likes

Oh ! Just can’t wait until your stories are published :heart_eyes:

I’m sure the readers will like this and her death will impress them with the plot as well :+1:t2:

1 Like

And I think the best way is you don’t have to care about the hate comments, they are not worth your attention and can’t stop your story from being great :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

As someone who has experienced death of loved ones from time to time and has been badly effected by it I value giving characters the happy ending they deserve rather. Killing off loving characters for
the shock value or to stir the plot is kind of a cheap tactic but I believe it can good if done right.

I would try to resonate with them, death is inevitable. Everyone has to mourn someone’s death at one point or another
and sometimes it’s a frictional character they adored. However it’s more important for me to give the readers closure within the story itself, to let them know death is natural and it’s a part of reality that we cannot avoid regardless of how hard we try. Now mean comments towards the author won’t make it any better, it’s rather something you have to accept and move past! Nothing’s stopping you from Cherishing the experience you had with those characters~ even if you might have to carry a heavy feeling while doing so

2 Likes

Interesting ! It seems that there will be a plot twist in the end of your story that will impress readers. Btw I looked for “To Be Powerful” on the app and I really like your story description, I have finished reading episode 3 already :heart_eyes: It was very great !

I also love the way you respond to readers. The readers will appreciate hearing those words from you :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I believe that even when you make the readers’ favorite character die, instead of feeling too disappointed, they will feel impressed and comforted about it because the character’s death makes the plot become more fantastic.

Besides, you are a dedicated author and readers will appreciate it because you understand their feelings :two_hearts:

2 Likes