Just Because: Episode Edition!

Basically “just because” statements, but written in a way that relates to Episode, inspired by:

This forum

And this forum

I’l go first! Just because “it’s just a story” doesn’t mean it won’t influence readers some kind of way, positively or negatively.

Your turn!

10 Likes

Just because it’s called an Episode Original doesn’t mean the concept itself is original.

:mic_drop:

25 Likes

Just because an author has a good cover doesn’t mean you have to judge a book by its cover. (I’m talking about when readers judge the cover, that isn’t “superb” like how artist draw their covers and stuff like that to gain more audience’s attention if you get my point. lol )

11 Likes

Yeah, I get it! The only appeal of a story might just be its cover :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Yep. XDD

2 Likes

Just because you have less reads doesnt mean your story is not good… :blob_hearts:
(Don’t judge a story by its reads either :woman_shrugging: )

‘Underrated’ is a better word and is actually a compliment rather than ‘overrated’ :purple_heart:

17 Likes

Just because you see others adding CC in their stories for the readers just to customize the characters, doesn’t mean you need to add it. It is not MANDATORY.

8 Likes

Just because there isn’t a love interest doesn’t mean the story isn’t interesting.

13 Likes

Just because the tagline of Episode is “Choose your story” doesn’t mean you have to be obligated to add in a bunch of “choices that matter”. I see people use this excuse all the time and it makes my blood boil.

10 Likes

Just because a story has cliches in it doesn’t mean it can’t be original (meaning some people parody cliches and some twist them, I perosnally think taking something unoriginal and twist it makes it original especially in fiction)

7 Likes

Huh. :thinking: I never thought of that.

Exactly! I don’t care if it’s a cliché, just as long the twist can catch my eye!

1 Like

Just because a lot of romance and drama stories tend to be popular, doesn’t mean stories from other categories can’t become popular too. I remember my most successful story was a mystery one. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

This :clapping:

(Sci-fi gang!)

Just because Episode has a reputation for, erm, interesting ads does not mean the whole game is like that! Nods

5 Likes

Just because you see other stories with art scenes doesn’t mean you need to include them to get more views. Sometimes, it doesn’t really matter.

(Heck even I have just one and it isn’t really that important. I just realize that since I used one in each of my stories, I think 2 of them. So yeah, not important and doesn’t really matter. I know other get bored of it when their zooming around the art scene.)

3 Likes

Just because you are a popular author doesn’t mean you’re a good writer and vice versa

10 Likes

Agreed.

Not gonna lie tho I have to have full customization or I won’t read a story but at the end of the day I rather the author do what they want, what makes them happy and what’s the most comfortable for them versus only doing things because everyone else does and/or because they think it’ll get them more reads :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Yep.

1 Like

Just because Episode released CULTURAL ASSETS doesn’t give you the right to use them in a NON-DIVERSE story. Please, for goodness sake, do NOT add cultural assets on characters that don’t represent the character. For example, The Star of David is being used on a non-Jewish character, meaning that they are not Jewish. I know others have done this before, and others have tried to warn/educate others to not do this. So, that’s a start.

Like let’s say, another example, that an author used a cultural asset for a fantasy story without realizing that is is cultural assets/clothing, and others warn/educate them so they won’t do it again. I mean, everyone makes mistakes, so yep, better to learn from them.

2 Likes

yes! omg :weary:

1 Like

just bc the cover is good doesn’t mean the story is good… yall dont know howww many times i was disappointed omg :joy: :joy: beautiful artwork though
also there are many good stories without flashy and pretty covers!!! :33

3 Likes