Just Because: Episode Edition!

Just because the LI is physically attractive doesn’t mean he’s mentally or emotionally attractive. I’ve seen a bunch of good-looking LIs with ugly personalities.

3 Likes

Wait, you can make a good story without choices that greatly impact the story? I feel lied to! So many good stories have this standard!

6 Likes

This! :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

I admit that I used that phrase in my story as a marketing technique. Compared to Episode Originals, though, a typical community choice is very impactful in the long run.

I’ve read some great stories without choices! The direction, plot, in humor in the most recent such story that I read more than made up for not having choices.

2 Likes

Just because the story is from the MC’s POV doesn’t mean that side characters don’t deserve screen time. It’ll only make the MC more of a narcissistic person instead, if all of their POV is about “damn, look at me! I’m a star!”
:woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

Just because the male or female LI has a 6-pack, doesn’t mean that they actually work out. :joy: You don’t see too much gym or weightlifing action when it comes to observing their life from the MC’s POV or anything. Same goes for if the MC themselves has a 6-pack.

2 Likes

Just because a story has great art scenes doesn’t mean the story itself is any good.

2 Likes

Just because someone’s directing isn’t “perfect” doesn’t mean that they are not trying hard to improve. Everyone directs differently and thinks outside the box differently. It takes time for others to direct how they want to direct their story.

4 Likes

Just because Episode wants to feature your story on their app doesn’t mean you should let them. I guarantee they’ll ruin it for you and you’ll regret it.

5 Likes

Just because you traced some art doesn’t mean it’s your originally and that you can take full credit of your traced art work and try to sell it

5 Likes

Oooh, I love this.

Just because you’ve written your original story with a male LI in mind doesn’t mean you can just copy and paste all dialogue and use it for a female LI. Readers notice. Especially when the author forgets to swap the pronouns.

6 Likes

Does the same apply for a male and female MC? Because I totally didn’t change anything except the pronouns in my story :upside_down_face: :laughing: :bread:

But yes, I agree with you (even though I probably won’t notice, it doesn’t mean it isn’t a thing).

1 Like

I personally don’t mind if authors do that. It just messes up my flow when I read the wrong pronoun. It’s more like: Huh? Wait a minute. I thought I’m dating a girl but my best friend is talking about a guy.

I don’t know if I’d notice with an MC. Maybe if you wrote something only a man or a woman would do or say. Then again anything goes.

Happy pride month. :rainbow_flag:

4 Likes

just because i spent a lot of gems on a dialogue option doesn’t mean it has any effect on anything in the plot

4 Likes

Just because someone’s edit is good (like a bit blurry or like a simple edit), doesn’t mean that they should also be noticed. I’m talking about edits that don’t get shared or recognized enough like how others’ edits have good quality, etc. Like I want to see other’s edits whether it’s bad or good, being shared so they can be noticed too. :woman_shrugging:t5: and they are actually pretty good. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just because you hate an author’s [attitude] or their work doesn’t mean you should troll them online. That doesn’t make you any better than them.

5 Likes

Just because a story has more reads than you doesn’t mean that it’s necessarily better than yours and vice versa

5 Likes

Just because you think your story is perfect and don’t want it to have certain things (no customization, not being able to name the MC, no choices, etc) doesn’t automatically mean all readers will think it’s perfect too and don’t have the right to not read it if they so choose nor does it give you the right to bash those reader’s reasons for not reading it :upside_down_face:

I don’t know if it’s just me but i’ve come across a few authors that won’t have certain things in their story (which is 100% fine it’s their story so they can do whatever they want) and instead of just saying it doesn’t have it they’ll go on a tirade about how much they don’t like it, how great their story is, how if you drop the story because it doesn’t have that you have bad taste, etc :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Also on the flip side:

Just because you want the stories you read to have certain things in them (full customization, choices, option to name the MC, be in Limelight, etc) doesn’t automatically mean you have the right to bash authors who don’t have or want those things in their stories or demand they change their stories to fit your wants.

As a reader ain’t gonna lie it sucks coming across a story that sounds AMAZING only to find out it doesn’t have one of my must haves in it but at the end of the day authors have the right to write whatever they wanna write and readers have the right to read whatever they wanna read and neither side has the right to bash the other side. If a story doesn’t have one of your must haves in it bottle those feelings up like a champ and move on to another story like they say there’s plenty of fish in the sea so you’ll find another story you’ll love sooner or later :wink:

2 Likes

Just because you prefer women, doesn’t mean that every story needs to include a female LI.
Some stories just don’t call for one… or maybe: sometimes straight women just don’t want or like to write female LI’s.

I personally find it draining to add both to each and every one of my stories… just because “its expected of me” …no, it’s exhausting. And to be quite honest I dislike two of my own female LI’s, because I felt like I just had to add them in order to appease my readers.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Hayley and Evie [From SYH and Slay Me] but that’s because I chose to have them there.

But I can’t stand Taylor or Parker! [From Foul Play and We’re Screwed] I only added them because before I published my story… I made a post and asked for an opinion on the plot… and some girls said they wanted to read my stories and told me “it’s unfair that they won’t be able to, because the story will only have male LI’s”… and because I was still new to Episode before releasing Foul Play, I caved and did as they asked because I thought I should listen to their opinions.
But now that I’ve been here long enough to know differently… in future, if I don’t feel it… I won’t do it. If I write a female LI into one of my stories I want to actually like the character that I’m writing, I’m not just going to add them because people want one or because they pressure me to add one. If it means you can’t or won’t read one of my stories due to that… then so be it. :woman_shrugging:t3: Because I want to be passionate about every character that I write, and I’m sorry but I just don’t feel that way about Taylor and Parker.

4 Likes