Just curious about reads

It varies wildly among my stories. One has 15 reads (so around 5 readers, assuming everybody read all three episodes exactly once). My most successful has around 1700 reads (566 readers, give or take). I appreciate every reader for all of my stories. To me, what matters most is that they’ve all been openly enjoyed by at least someone.

1 Like

OMG! THIS JUST MADE ME FEEL SOOO MUCH BETTER ABOUT MY WORK!! :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:
Idk, with my last story I let it get to my head. I can’t believe I stopped writing the story just for that purpose, for the readers and episode. That story that I wrote was mainly for me, not episode, but then it got all in my head to a point where I just kinda stopped writing.
I just like the thought of just getting to a place where I just enjoy JUST THE WRITING, yes, I think of numbers of readers a lot, but don’t write because of that, I write on here to see my creations really come alive. I want people to like it of course, but if people find it amazing and say it’s amazing, or say it’s their favorite story or something, I WILL LITERALLY DIE!
I’m not at that place YET, but I am getting there. BTW, what’s your story? I’ll check it out!

3 Likes

It’s very important that you write a story because you enjoy it and you’re doing it for your pleasure.
That makes the idea of having readers even better.
Because these people are readings something you’re passionate about and they’re liking it!
That’s amazing to think about.

2 Likes

My story is called Not to Hot (limelight) !!!

I’ll read it when I get my phone back (I share it with my siblings so they can steal it from me :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Here’s a link to my story since some you were asking!!!

2 Likes

Yep! Totally agree!

1 Like

I don’t think Episode counts reads for the last episode in a story since technically the reader can’t “complete” it by going on to the next Episode, so a story with 3 episodes will get 2 reads per person if they complete it… so you may have a few more readers than you think :wink:

6 Likes

Hi I kinda published my story 2 days ago, and I got 121 reads for it. But when I look at some other writers, they say they got 700 reads in 5 days or 1000 reads in 4 days or so. So that made me a bit discouraged. I mean do all writers get that many reads?? Am I the only one celebrating cuz I got 100 reads?

3 Likes

NO HONEY.
It took me around 3 weeks to get to 200 reads.

2 Likes

Soon u will have more reads for ur story it just take some time

1 Like

I’m sure my story won’t have a lot of reads but it will be fine because soon the number will increase

Sometimes it depends on how many chapters you posted. But then again just continue writing you never know when it blooms.

That’s alot :blush:

1 Like

Ty for your advice :blush:

Your welcome :grin:

Um, I think everyone’s experiences with this are different.
Personally I think 121 in 2 days is amazing and you should definitely be celebrating reaching 100 reads, not letting other people’s experiences discourage you. There’s also some people that have had their stories on the app for months that still haven’t reached 100 reads yet too, so there’s two sides to this argument. They’re probably looking at you now and being discouraged by your success.

4 Likes

Sorry didn’t mean to discourage people and I didn’t even knew my story was successful. But thank you for your advice

1 Like

That is great you got that many reads in just 2 days. In one of my story, its been almost 8 months and I only got 300 reads. And another it took me a year to get 2 thousand reads. So celebrate.

1 Like

I’d say that is great! I mean, I’ve had my story out for several months but it’s only got like 50 reads. :joy:

But that’s because it’s pretty much all in mobile. I can’t code. :joy: