Kanu's Story Review Thread

Hello, everyone :blush:. Welcome to my story review thread.
I would like to review stories to give critiques (both positive and negative), so I can give you my advices in order to help you grow as authors.
So, if you want me to review your story, then leave your story’s details below.

I am not qualified to do it at all, but just a reader and person with opinions about stories. I’ve been reading stories in Episode app for almost a year.

But, if you ask me for a review, it means that you take into account that:

1. I may give you a negative criticism. Of course, if I like something about your story, I’ll let you know, but if I give a negative criticism, I do it only because I want to help you improve and grow as authors. So, do not take any negative criticism of mine as an insult or attack.

2. It may take me long time to give you my respond as criticism. I am doing a review not only to you, but also to others.

3. If your story has many chapters, I may not read all the story, I’ll read 10-15 chapters or I may read all the story, but divide your story’s review to parts. Depends on how many chapters does your story have.

So, this way: my critique depends on:

• The story’s plot

• Grammar: Yes. The enjoyment of the readers from the story can be (partially) depend on the grammar. If there are too many spelling mistakes, it kills all desire to keep on reading the story (believe me, it is something that can definitely get on people’s nerves). When the reader can read the story when there are less spelling mistakes, he will enjoy it. Punctuation is included.

• How diversed your story is. Not only in context of the main idea, but also the characters. When I say “also the characters”, I mean how different your characters are from each other by any means. I personally love it when I see that not only the story’s main idea is very fascinating, interesting and attractive, but also the characters are different from each other on their background, looks, personality, which make the story more interesting, in my eyes.

• The way directings are done. I saw stories whose authors didn’t directed the characters correctly, which can be disturbing. So, a correct directing is also important.

I’ll also take some screenshots to show you: what part of the story I liked, where do you have mistakes, etc…
And I’ll give you my advices if it’s necessary.

As always, there are:

Conditions/Rules:

1. I believe many of us like to watch drama series and movies… But! This is not the right address to make dramas in. So, when you come here, throw dramas to the garbage where it belongs to.
    Sorry not sorry, but I’ll not tolerate anyone being disrespectful towards me or anyone else.

2. If you are not open to a negative criticism - just don’t ask me for a review. As I said above, if I give a negative criticism, I do it because I want to help you improve as authors.
    My criticism is constructive. Not saying that you have to agree with any criticism that I give you, but I don’t wish to be attacked for being honest with you when giving my critique :blush::slightly_smiling_face:

3. Please do not rush me.

4. I recommend you take every note I give you to your attention. It may help you in the future.

5. When I start reading your story, I’ll add the emoji “:open_book:” near your name on the waiting list

6. No inappropiate language here.

7. Please avoid bringing up off-topic issues/questions.

8. I will read stories from all kinds, as long as they don’t violate Episode’s guidelines.

9. If I’ve already reviewed a story of yours and you want me to review your other story, then you can ask me for a review again.

So, if you want to get a review from me, all you have to do is to fill out the form below:

Story’s name+author’s name:
Plot:
Genre(s):
Number of chapters:
Story’s cover (not required, but recommended)

I can also review unpublished stories, so if you want me to review a unpublished story of yours, then send me on PM.

My review thread is always open, so just leave here your story’s details

I’ll add you to my waiting list by tagging you, and I’ll send your review, mainly by tagging you (and sometimes by replying to your post where your story’s details are written).
Also, I’ll do a list of stories that have been already reviewed (and I’ll link the story’s review)

Waiting list

@TamiRose (Lost Summer Love) :open_book:
Deadly Secrets (by TamiRose) :open_book:
@writerren :open_book:
@kahotshot
@Forever1201
@Kennedale
@mystique_writer
@Roy
@ImtheBTeam
@Writer_SA
@Rand.Episode
@Faith.episode.cats
@nellyy.epi
@piki.episode
@aprilish

Stories I've reviewed
7 Likes

Hey I’d love an honest review. I have 1 more if ur interested in reviewing it.

Crazy love. Wacky friends. Unnecessary drama. How will Evan and Sierra make it through this crazy thing called, life.

1 Like

Of course. :blush: After reviewing this story, I’ll review your other story if you want me to. :smile:

Just to make sure, is it the plot?

Awesome :sunglasses:I’ll put that one up.

Yep, that’s my plot. Simple, I know :laughing::eyes:

Okay. So, I’ll start reading your story soon :blush:

Thanks hun :purple_heart:

Here’s the link to my other one:

You don’t have to do this one if you don’t want. First one is fine :wink:

1 Like

Hi, I’d love a review please :blush:

1 Like

Oh, don’t worry. I’ll review this story too :blush:.

Can I have a review?

Story’s name+author’s name: Capture the Moment by Karlon Artis
Plot: Takoda is a photographer who inspires to become freelance and expand his portfolio. Can he snapshot his way to success?
Genre(s): Comedy
Number of chapters: 6 (complete)

1 Like

Title of the story: The Nerd And The Bad Boy

Author of the story: Kit Kat

Description of the story: Christa doesn’t have an easy life. Everyday she gets bullied at school. Everything seems against her. The people who actually cares for her is her family and her best friend. But what happens when tutoring the bad boy ends up a rollercoaster of events and surprises? Will she take it all or break and give up?

Cover of the story:

Link of the story:

1 Like

Hey @Forever1201 I just wanted to let you know that this line has some words spelled wrong.

Whole sentence corrected:
Christa doesn’t have an easy life.

1 Like

I wanted to say it, but didn’t know when :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:.

By the way, isn’t the story’s name “The Nerd and The Bad Boy”?

2 Likes

Oh yes sorry. Oof I don’t know what’s wrong with me :sweat_smile:

Thank you

@Danielle318

@Kanubish

2 Likes

No problem :blush:

2 Likes

It’s fine!

1 Like

Hi,
I just wrote the first chapter on my first story.
Here’s the link.

thanks

1 Like

Hi!
I have currently three stories and I would love to get a review on all of them. Thank you :blush:

Author: Mystique

• TEACHER OR QUEEN? - link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5874052041146368
    Description: Queen Darja spent 20 years searching for her long lost family. Is it in her destiny to suffer without her love and her child? Who will she become while fighting for her loved ones?
    Genre: drama
    Number of chapters: 24 (completed)

• BEING MY AUTHENTIC SELF (TEASER) - link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4977369701482496
    Description: Beatrice a lost writer is going on the craziest adventure of a lifetime - finding happiness and her authentic self! What will she discover on this journey?
    Genre: adventure
    Number of chapters: 3 (completed)

• ONE MOMENT - link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5588397730365440
    Description: An unlucky car accident brings Mathias and Rosalia together. How life changing will this one moment be?
    Genre: drama
    Number of chapters: 3 (newly published story)

1 Like

Here’s mine…

Title: Shado
Author: Roy
Description: After tragedy, Roy returns to civilization a changed women. She begins her crusade, determined to put things right, with the help of her trusted people,waging a one-woman on crime
Instagram : roy_episode
Style: Ink
Chapters: 6 and ongoing
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5108744574074880

Shado_S9_posterThumb_cEh8zzozgE

1 Like

A read would be appreciated. :heart:

Story’s name+author’s name: Cinderfella + Missflameo
Plot: He was raised to be a thief, resenting his upbringing for as long as he can remember. One night, when a con goes wrong a strange woman is there to save him. Can he trust her?
Genre(s): Romance/ Action/ Comedy
Number of chapters: 3

1 Like

Story’s name+author’s name: Torn Apart LL + SRS
Plot: You lost your faith in love years ago but then you meet a mysterious stranger through a coffee spill. Will he be able to capture your heart or will he break you even more?
Genre(s): Drama
Number of chapters: 6

1 Like