💢 Kennedy’s Honest Reviews 💢

Welcome to Kennedy’s Honest Story Reviews!
This thread was closed due to inactivity, so let’s hope this recreating of it will be more successful. :sweat_smile:
You may have noticed that I say what I mean, and that I’m an opinionated reader.
So, how about some reviews?

If you are just requesting a review because you want more reads, you’re being disrespectful to those who actually want feedback, AND to me for wasting my time.

1. State your story title. (And author name, if it’s different from your username here.)
    a) If it’s published, that’s all you need.
    b) If it isn’t, send me the cover art, description, and sharing link.
  2. Tell me if you want a public review (on this thread) or a private review (in a private message).
  3. Let me know how honest you want the review to be, as I can be brutal and nit-picky.
    If you don’t specify, it will be public and brutal.
  4. DO NOT PESTER ME TO DO IT FASTER.
    a) If you do, you will be warned. You will then be moved lower on the list.
    b) If this behavior is consistent, it will be flagged, and I will not review your story.
  5. One story at a time! I’m not going to read six different stories at the same time. Wait until I’ve finished your first, then I’ll get to the next one.
  6. Depending on the length, I will only read up to 2-3 chapters. Unless I really enjoy your story, and want to continue. (Looking at you, @aprilish ;))
  7. Leave a like on this post, so I can keep track of who’s reading this.
  8. Questions, concerns, or comments? Let me know!

• Directing. it doesn’t have to be advanced, but if there are problems with the directing, I will mention them.
  • Grammar, Spelling, and Language. Even if English isn’t your first language, I will correct your English. I proofread as well- just PM to request.
  • Plot. How interesting is your plot? How does the story play out? Is it interesting? How cliche is your story’s plotline?
  • Characters. Are the characters three-dimensional? Are they relatable? How do they develop?
  • Miscellaneous. I will review: overlays that have weird borders or look out of place, characters & outfits that look too generic, episode length, choices, art/covers, etc.
  • What YOU want me to Review. If you have a particular aspect of your story that you are concerned about, feel free to ask for my feedback on it.
    Right now, I am able to review stories. However, spots will be limited, as I am busy! If you’re just reading this for the password, shame on you. If you read the rules, great! it’s Scarlet Letter . Please put it at the beginning of your summary!image
    I will generally have 5-10 spots open.
    If you requested a review on my old thread and you were on the waiting list, lmk if you’d still like a review. (@Neethelap, @JannahJackson, @Bokkie19)
    1- Black Hearts, Golden Desires @Madhu (public, brutal)
    2- To Deserve Love… @paumarr (private, honest)
    3- The Wrong Match @Hijiko (private, brutal)
    4- Deadly Secrets @TamiRose (public, brutal)
    5- AW: Imprinted @Mellisa2731 (public, honest)
    6- Shado @Roy (public, brutal)
    7- Deadly Secrets @TamiRose (private, brutal)
    8- Krionia, School of the Gifted @Archangel2 for Epy.Ciara (Private, brutal)
    9- Only you @Natalie_ward (private, brutal)
    10- Hale Huna @AnonymousAuthor1 (private, brutal)

If you’d like a review, please let me know in the comments, with all of the criteria listed above!
If you want to know about stories I’ve reviewed, they include:
Better Than Ever @Miranda_Episode, The Star Necklace @Maya6, Vengeance @lauraepi, Life in Demby @Megz_Episode, AW: Bio-Hysteria @Zey, Regrets and Threats @Tom_THE_Best, Clue: The Wrong Lead @CoraMae, Duchess @Gaea, @and I Made The Devil Cry @Sebule.

Many thanks to @LiyahxWrites, @CoraMae, and @MezoriaThorn for your support when it comes to sharing my opinions!

32 Likes

Here’s my story:Scarlet Letter
Alright, I’ve done a couple of reviews and I’m collecting all different advices, so I would like to have more opinions!
•It’s already published: AW: Bio-Hysteria (by Zey), it’s only 3 episodes.
•A brutally honest review, don’t worry about being too rude, I can handle that.
•Public or private don’t make any difference for me, choose what works better for you.
Thank you so much for this thread!

3 Likes

Here’s my story: Scarlet Letter
Title: Better Than Ever (published)
Author: Miranda
Public or private review: That’s totally up to you
Honest: You can be very honest with me and write everything that bother you.
Episodes: The episodes aren’t that long. You can read 3 or 4 chapters if you want.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hey thank you so much for doing this!!
Please give your honest opinion But not too brutal!
Author name:- Mellisa2731 Insta:- @mellisa.epiwrite
Password:- Scarlet letter
My story:-AW:Imprinted
My cover:-

Link:- http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6475926547529728
About:- In a world were Vampires and Werewolves are in an eternal war, But they have a mutual enemy, The witches. What happens when a wolf imprint’s on one?

2 Likes

Yes I still want the review :nerd_face:

1 Like

Could you put the details of the story & your request again please? :sweat_smile::two_hearts:

1 Like

Here’s my story: Scarlet Letter
Title: The Star Necklace (published)
Author: Mayah
Public or private rewiew: That’s totally up to you
Honest: You can be very honest with me and write everything that bother you.
Episodes: The episodes aren’t that long. You can read 3 or 4 chapters if you want.

Description: you are the most rich girl in your country in addition you’re famous but what happens when the Star Necklace uncovers your true identity

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6248660515487744

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Please read the rules & include the password, xoxo

Please include the password, xo

1 Like

Hey thanks sm for this thread I’d love a review

Here’s my story scarlet letter

Title, Vengeance

Author, Laura King

Description, After her fiancé was shot point blank Special Agent Bailey Lopez now finds herself a target as her fiancé’s killer is now after her. Will she escape or will Vengeance take over?

Genre, Action and Drama

Style, Ink

Chapters, 3

Instagram, laura_eps

Story link, http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5471622960316416

Review type, Public is okay!

Cover

1 Like

I’m so sorry, I totally forgot :sweat_smile: I’ve edited it!

1 Like

Here’s 1&2:
Better Than Ever (by Miranda)

1. In your description, it says “parent’s killer,” meaning the killer belonging to your parent OR a killer that murdered one of your parents. If you mean both, try “parents’ killer.”

2. Starting in your intro, I see that your animations while speaking aren’t always talking animations. I see this with Britney later on as well. And Charlotte, too.

3. Britney pops up in the hallway in the first school scene. Maybe try having her walk on with Charlotte?

4. If you need a proofreader, I’m down. Your English is pretty solid, but I’m noticing a few punctuation mistakes here and there, as well as phrasing errors.

5. Charlotte pops up at the desk during the first class with Mr. Jones. Not sure why this keeps happening, LOL.

6. While Britney & Charlotte are talking outside, a dude walks over the bushes. Idk if you care.

7. Best friend, food-obsessed, douche boy love interest who she crashes into— this story doesn’t quite have me hooked. It’s generic and cliche.

8. When writing, don’t use ‘…’ . Use a proper ellipses, ‘…’ .

9. Wow, okay. Charlotte smokes and wears black. There’s not much that’s captivating about this. Big whoop, she’s a “bad girl.”

Now I’m on Episode 2.

1. The two characters who are shot in the memory- I assume Charlotte’s parents- pop up on screen. We gotta figure this out, sis!

2. Um, any reason that he calls her cupcake? Besides for the fact that it’ll become an endearing term later, after they’re in love? The cliches are piling up…

3. Angriness? LMAO. You mean anger? That works better here.

4. It’s not a big deal, but it’s appreciated by readers when side characters wear different outfits instead of a default.

5. Britney says that Charlotte called Derek “tall.” Which reminds me, all of your characters are the same height. Again, not a huge deal, but it ups your game when you add different sized characters to the story.

6. Please work on your speech bubble placement. Not all cycle tails are in the correct place, and sometimes the bubbles are a bit awkward.

7. This stranger looks like a default character. Also, his existence itself- along with the whole situation Charlotte finds herself in- is super cliche.

8. Charlotte is in the layer behind the stranger, so the punch looks awkward.

9. Again, cliche. Ooh, bad girl. She punched a stranger. The adrenaline rush could easily have been the cause of her knocking the stranger out. Derek shouldn’t be surprised. He also did nothing as this whole situation happened. Class-A douche.

10. In introductions and endings, please capitalize the title of your story and its chapters!

Again, if you need a proofreader, I gotchu. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I have a question. I have started a new story and I have part of Episode one done so far, may have more if you agree to look at it by the time you make it to me, but my question is would you read it if eisode one is not full finshed? I’m looking for truthful thoughts on how it is so far like if its a good start or if I need to work a little more before moving on for much farther. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure :nerd_face:

Scarlets Letter
REVIEW: Yes please! Pm.
Here’s the title and description!

LINK: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6442211462152192

:innocent::hugs:

1 Like

100%!
PM me, as you haven’t finished the first episode. We can work from there :wink:

1 Like

I did :slight_smile:

So, Scarlet Letter

I would like a review, please, and if you could proofread my story too, at the same time, it would be awesome. :relaxed:
Also, you can be blunt about it, I really need an honest review.

Title: Duchess
Author: monalla
Description: From a disgraced noble family, Vanesha’s only way to make things better seems to be an engagement. But will everything’s been solved just like this? Maybe not… (LGBTQ+)
Cover:

My story has a password: 40877

Link: Duchess

2 Likes

Awwwwh omg that means so much!! :sob::sob::heart::heart: I’m so glad you liked it! Can’t wait to see my review!

1 Like

I don’t even remember reviewing yours. I could re-read it & review it if you’d like. But I really enjoy it so far!! And I’m so excited for them to fall in love lolll

1 Like

I would love a review ty. password: Scarlet letter

• Story Title: Black Hearts, Golden Desires
  • Story Description: Nand, a princess of Solataria, is trained to protect her family and kingdom. What will happen if an old enemy arises for revenge?Will Nand be able to handle the storm coming her way?
  • Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5019562149478400
  • Story Genre : Fantasy
  • Story Status : Ongoing
  • Chapters : 8
  • Cover:
    05a684466238b104eb35ac757fdd4e636dc9791b_2_362x499
2 Likes