Kind of need advice.....?

im not sure which tag to put this under

idk if this sounds stupid…but im scared that no one’s gonna read my story and i worked hard on it for nothing😂 (i havent published it yet but i’ve been worrying about it since i started it)

4 Likes

Hi! I think this might go under General Chat, but I’m not completely sure myself.
You haven’t worked hard for nothing! Have you tried to promote your story? How’s that going?

2 Likes

promote ur story! and ill totally read it
preably prompt it with da queen :crown:
U can go to this thread

2 Likes

I still feel the same like I’m thinking did I made the right decision published it ?
But, also how will I ever know your worth if I don’t published well as long as you like your story that’s all it really matters others will too and some won’t again it’s reality not everyone is going to like a story rather they are big or small everyone needs to understand this is facts.
Hi, I feel the same way and one your not stupid and 2 people will read it trust me i was so afraid to publish my story and almost regretting it too but you got get it out there i think the only way I push from all the reviews and criticism I got really help me to be determined now the next thing is too keep going on and continue what you love. Make sure to test out everything in your story before you published.

First all of you didn’t work hard on it for nothing you work on it for yourself remember their will be people who stay and support you and ones will leave and be fake about it that’s just the reality especially on INSTAGRAM.
But remember that you will have more supportive then haters :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You should make a post for people to review or proofread it even you have trouble with English.

i haven’t published it yet but i’ll probably put it under there when i do!

2 Likes

oh my gosh you’re too kind!! thank you so much💓

1 Like

You don’t have to published now unless you’re ready and people can still read unpublished stories :grinning:

2 Likes

Your welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Promote. Promote. Promote. That’s my best advice. No well-known Episode author became known overnight! I say give it a try! Also, think about how hard you worked on it because you enjoy writing, and you’re good at it. Reads aren’t everything, and they do not equate a good or bad story!
You should publish it and just promote it as much as possible to get to where you want to get! Think about it this way, you worked so hard on it, so why not publish it? Also, I will be glad to give it a read whenever you feel ready to publish! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I think it’s important to know that there is an audience for every type of story. No matter how cliche or how far out of the box your story might be, I guarantee there will be people who will want to read it.

3 Likes

@medusa.jett is right promote it share it to the world don’t be afraid.

Reads don’t define you or you’re story.

1 Like

First of all, why do you think that? are there certain things in the plot, directing, or the characters that you don’t like? Then change them. Have you planned your story, do you know where to start, how to develop it and finish it? If not, take a pen and paper and start thinking. If you have trouble with coding this place is the perfect space for finding help with that, check Dara Amarie or just search the name in the forum’s search bar, her threads are really helpful. Check directing help & tips or the help section in the portal. If you need extra help Find a writing partner subcategory is good as well. Research. Topics that you are not aware of or even personalities that you want to portrait, search about them. You wanna be careful about Episode when writing about ethnicities or sensitive topics since all kinds of people are in this community and someone could get offended. Don’t rush to finish and publish. I would advise to write more than 3 episodes and only publish 3 so you are one step ahead. Updating often does get you more reads. When you think you are ready to publish, go over it one last time. ask yourself ‘does the description match the story?’ (sometimes you can get carried away with the storyline) ‘does this character portray the things I imagined them as I want them to?’ ‘do plot holes and plot twists make sense? do I have an explanation for them?’. Hire a proofreader/ beta tester to test put the story, there are tons of accounts on Instagram that offer free proofreading/ beta testing services (@epiappreciated, @episodeaxiom, @epy_helpers.small_authors, @epy.gemhunters, @epy.bosses, @epy.elegance). Last but not least, promote your story. You can do it either here on Promote your story but do not over-promote. When a user asks for recommendations and includes self-promotion then you can include your story. Don’t go around in every post and recommend your story. Do R4R’s (reads for reads). The groups I mentioned above have also completely free shout-out services they also provide reviews if you think one is necessary. Cover, you don’t need to pay a fortune for a digital drawn or normal cover. You can find some really good artists on Art Resources that are free of charge as well as in the groups above.

That’s all from me. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you so much! :heartpulse:

it helped a lot, thank you!!!

1 Like

That’s a good start. If you have Instagram, definitely promote your story on there with posts of sneak peeks and do things on your Instagram story. That will definitely help

2 Likes

Some things just take time, but it’s really helpful to promote (appropriately! don’t namedrop your story in threads that say no self-promo or are completely unrelated to your story’s type; that will just annoy people) and develop genuine friends. I haven’t published because life is difficult and gets in the way, but I already have multiple people who are very interested in what I’m publishing or have asked me to PM them when I publish x. That’s partially due to how I went out and made genuine connections with people who like the same things I do and have similar values, but also due to how I’ve made promo for Instagram.

3 Likes

This is very true too. There’s an audience for everything; sometimes it’s just a matter of finding it.

2 Likes

OMG reading these comments are making me feel better! :blush: You guys are all right by the way!

2 Likes