Label and Goto Error Even Though It Seems Correct? (Photo Included)

I’m really confused, I’ve made the labels just like I made my other labels in my story and put some filler text in between them to see if that would help but they’re all reading as an error saying the label does not exist even though I have goto’s and labels for each one.!

1 Like

Try saving it then reload the page. I’m pretty sure there shouldn’t be errors on your script.

Are you choices nested in an if statement?

Just tried still seeing the error :frowning:

They are! Is that why?

Yeah, I don’t think you can nest anything inside an if/elif/else statement. Use gotos and labels, like you have, to remove them from the if statement and keep them connected.

1 Like

I think you misspelled the label “not today”. You have goto not today then there’s label not_today

1 Like

But that’s just one label. I don’t know if it fixes the whole script…

That makes sense! How do I make it so that the story still has the conditions to reach that outcome if not with an if/else statement if you know?

You cannot have labels inside of brackets. You will need to put that whole section outside of the brackets and put a goto inside the brackets that lead to the first label.

2 Likes

Makes sense! Thank you guys for the help, I was yanking my hair out about this!

Glad to help. Let me know when your story is published. I’d check it out.

Template incase you need it:

NARR
Do you want to go out with Joe?
choice
“Yes” {
gain Yes
} “No” {
}

Complete if/elif/else statement before gotos
if (Yes) {
goto before_the_date
}
else {
goto nextday
}

Nested Gotos.
label before_the_date
NARR (JOE)
Are we still on for tonight?
choice
“Yes” {
[SCENE/goto]
} “No” {
[SCENE/goto]
}

Rest of the episode continues here.
label nextday
[SCENE]

1 Like

I have added a note to credit all three of you in my story. Thank you so much for the template, I just fixed the errors and it worked! It makes it a little more complex to write but once it happens once it’s pretty much stuck in my mind. I swear I stared at it for like an hour last night so you’ve all been extremely helpful

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.