Labels are not working!

Oh no it’s just not in the screenshot! I didn’t remove anything from the customization template

2 Likes

yes I did put a label put it doesn’t go there:/

Without the entire code to look at, we can’t know where the mistake is :blush:

1 Like

I didn’t remove anything from the customization template… I tried to put the goto after the user is done customizing the character, put it’s still not working unfortunately

1 Like

okay, I see what you’re saying. so the CC works fine, but instead of getting to select from going to CC or starting the episode it goes directly to CC?

1 Like

Oh do you guys need the customization template as well? It’s the only thing I left out because I didn’t change anything in it (I took it from Dara.amerie’s website)

I think I got confused by the section you posted, bc both white hair colours were directing to the same label

1 Like

Yes the CC works fine, the problem is when the player is done customizing the character, the label doesn’t bring them to the main menu (where you can choose to customize or play the episode) Elena walks out, a transition is made, and then it’s just the closet background and nothing happens

1 Like

Oh sorry! But no it’s regarding the label to the main_menu, not the CC haha

2 Likes

No worries, let me look again :blush:

2 Likes

Ok, so at the moment, you have the reader leaving CC and then going straight back into it, because you send them to the label main_menu which is above the cc. If you change it to goto start_episode, then make that label, it will progress

3 Likes

okay so your label takes you back to that specific place in the script without reading anything else above or below. so rightnow you told the computer that once you finish cc, stay in the same background and make a choice between overlays that dont exist in that scene. put your label main_menu before the line where your write your background. does that make sense?

2 Likes

its because you made your character exit . let me explain with a screenshot hold up

1 Like

Also, you have the start episode set up as a branch. Instead of writing it between the brackets, add a goto

1 Like

oh ok, the thing is that the background is the first thing that is written in the script, and there’s an intro before choosing to customize or to start the episode. Should I just send the reader directly into the story? (so i put the label after it like so: “STARTEPISODE”{ label main_menu (the story begins) }

Oh I figured it out! I put the label in right when the episode starts and it works! I just had to take out the transition before the goto but it’s all good :blush: I made some tests and it seems to work just fine!! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

so from the first picture. what should be done is:

tappable
“CUSTOMIZATION” {
goto CUSTOMIZATION_LABEL_1

sound dream_harp

@transition fade out white 2.0
}
#IN THIS SCENE THERE IS NO ELENA (unless its not showing on the screenshot) so when someone clicks on yes im done with cc and it goes to main menu, there will not be a character as there was no character displayed from the start) plus, you also made the character exit below after their cc choice has been made, you need to get rid of this… also im not sure if you need the characteer there or not #####

INT. WALKINCLOSET - DAY
label CUSTOMIZATION_LABEL_1
@cut to zone 2
@transition____
@ELENA changes ___
@ELENA enters______

THEN THE CHARACTER GOES INTO CUSTOMIZATION WITH THE RELEVANT TEMPLATE LABELLING.\

after that from the second screenshot

label female_1_end
NARRATOR
Are you happy with how you look?

choice
“Yes, I look gorgeous” {
readerMessage Dara.amerie etc
@ELENA is primp_neutral THEN ELENA exits right
@transition fade out white 2.0
&zoom reset
goto main_menu
} “No, I want to change something.” {